Feathers........

• 1 Replies

calli

• http://greenwelliesbalertwine.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Feathers........
« on: November 02, 2007, 20:22 »
Let's talk feathers...   :D

I've got to know a few people now on forums who are in to fly fishing, and tying their own flies( including myself but don't ask about progress  :oops:)
I sent some feathers from my gamefowl to a few of them , and some of them are actually grateful for them! :lol:  

I'd never really thought of them having a use like that and usually I'd just throw them away. But some of them are ideal for tying flies, apparently :roll: .

I am thinking of setting up a website where we could reach fly tyers and supply them with selected feathers.....
This would be run as a small business, so they would buy the feathers, and I would give you something for supplying them. It wouldn't be a fortune of course, but something is better than nothing, if you were only going to throw them away?

And there is the re-cycling aspect to it as well?

What do you think? Do you think I'd get much response?

The feathers that I have been sending out are the saddle and hackle feathers from the hard feathered birds and the saddle and hackles from the long tails - yokohama/phoenix etc

Any thoughts more than welcome :D
Callie

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Feathers........
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 20:32 »
Worzel ties flies and has loads of feathers  :!:

He does have some "loose" feathers but mostly has them still attached to the skin "capes and saddles".  He says they must be in perfect condition.   The birds are presumably killed when in tip top feather condition and the skin with feathers still attached is removed - so how do you propose to "harvest" them.  Moulted feathers are not good enough and plucking a live birds is cruel  :?:

xx
Feathers

Started by crazy coop on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 31, 2010, 18:49
by crazy coop
xx
Why no feathers?

Started by Totty on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 06, 2011, 04:29
by Lindeggs
xx
re... feathers everywhere

Started by gailtearle on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post December 13, 2011, 17:35
by New shoot
xx
What do you do with all those feathers?

Started by Lindeggs on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post February 16, 2011, 12:08
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.662 seconds with 36 queries.