Update on my ladies - or should I say girls!

• 3 Replies

rcf100

• Experienced Member
Update on my ladies - or should I say girls!
« on: May 08, 2012, 19:10 »
Well here I am, half a week into my chicken keeping and I'm still loving it.  The hens have seemed to have settled in nicely, I spotted one having a dust bath yesterday, she was rolling around in the way my dog does, it was hilarious!

There's a smal pile of soil in their run from when we dug out the fence posts, so today I thought I'd just give it a rake around, remove any stones, try and incorporate some poop and see if we can rescue any of the grass underneath.  The hens loved this, as did my children.  They were over digging in it too, my 2 yr old was copying them digging.

We found a couple of worms, I held one out for Do and she took it off my hand - Yay - first time any of them have took from me.  However her, Doodle & Choc, seemed at a loss what to do with it.  They all had a peck at it and left it alone, same with the other worms we uncovered.  Bless, it really shows how little they are, still learning.  I'm guessing in a few weeks time their will be no worms uncovered lasting more than a little while.

When I was offering another worm again, my 16 month old thought this was great, she took the worm off me and held it out for the chooks too.  So sweet

Then she tried to eat it

j00les

Re: Update on my ladies - or should I say girls!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:40 »
hahaha so cute bless her   :D
well if it is good enough for the chickens then it good enough for them !!!  :lol:
yuk yuk yuk  :tongue2:

Mrs.Apron

• Wearing my apron with pride! :)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 12:30 »
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time, and your little one made me smile! :)  We're getting our hens in 3 weeks' time....can't wait! :)
No sense in being pessimistic It wouldn’t work anyway.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 19:39 »
Sounds like everyone had fun.   :D

If you have a compost bin try getting some brandlings (small worms) for them which they should love.   ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Girls update but no pics!!

Started by jinty1911 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post September 21, 2010, 20:38
by jinty1911
xx
My Ladies

Started by My Girls on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post September 10, 2011, 20:55
by bantam novice
xx
Thanks to my old ladies!

Started by Chrysalis on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post August 23, 2013, 15:09
by Epona_4
xx
Three ladies

Started by Robbo on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post February 16, 2013, 18:11
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 36 queries.