Tomato Seedlings Under Glass

• 3 Replies

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Tomato Seedlings Under Glass
« on: May 05, 2012, 22:08 »
I took a chance today and planted out my tomato seedlings.  They were stringy and pale and I noticed that their roots had gone all the way down the bathroom roll and out the bottom.  I knew that they weren't happy, so out they went.  I took spaghetti jars and turned them over on top of them for mini greenhouses.  The seedlings greened right up and look very happy now.  Fingers crossed this was a good idea! ::)
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Trillium

Re: Tomato Seedlings Under Glass
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 01:35 »
It will work but because it's glass and small, it could get too hot under there during sunny days so propping up the glass a bit would be a good idea during the day and take it down at night.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 08:59 »
Odd thing, we are in a middle of a serious drought here but have had the rainiest April on record.  In the last 6 weeks we have had three partially sunny days.  Even with all the flooding, we still need more rain.  I just wish we could have some sun too so I could take those jars off during the day.  We live near the sea and so our weather goes to the beat of its own drummer.  A micro climate, if you will.

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 14:27 »
 :D Then it doesn't sound like your jars need any propping up. My mum used to start rose cuttings under old mason jars.

xx
Tomato seedlings

Started by yummy on Grow Your Own

28 Replies
Last post March 02, 2007, 23:16
by yummy
question
Tomato Seedlings - help please

Started by Gardener Girl on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 18, 2010, 22:49
by Babstreefern
xx
Tomato seedlings - how do I now tell which is which??

Started by sunlover on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 09, 2009, 16:57
by diggerjoe
xx
tomato seedlings

Started by Rampant_Weasel on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post March 12, 2012, 21:19
by starry

Page created in 0.655 seconds with 36 queries.