Have I been ripped off?

• 52 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Have I been ripped off?
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2012, 13:07 »
Woodbridge eh?  Mauritius?  Nowhere near North Finchley!

Furthermore, if you look at google map for 2 Woodberry grove, opposite the back of Homebase are some linked houses.  No's 6A, 6B, 6C and 6D.  I then went to the left of them up the road a bit and one houses says No.13, so you think, okay No.2 must be to the right of the 6's.

But look right of those houses and there is a spiritualist church which could be no.4, then an empty space.  No.2?   The next house down is on the corner of the street and is No.300 so must come under the next street.  Bullace lane or something.

So Jamie, definitely report these people to the police.  Get your money back!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 13:45 by GrannieAnnie »

Blobbs

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2012, 16:36 »
Hi
Just wanted to say how sorry I feel for you. We are just in the process of deciding which design of coop to buy and from whom. It must have taken the shine of the whole projesct to think that there are such nasty people prepared to rip you off. I have managed to find someone locally to us who makes them  at a reasonable price and  I will be able to go and view them at the factory. I am new to all this but have learnt that a lot of the stuff online is made from fir wood which is not suited to our climate and that they are cheap foreign imports. Good luck with getting your money back from the bank and with finding a reputable trader near where to you live.

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 07:20 »
So... what happened? Did you get your money back? Have you found another supplier?
Lucky Mother of 2 dogs, 2 cats (RiP Sherlock) and 4 chickens (welcome Brenda and Harriet)

Milly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22 »
I was wondering the same. The post gave me something to think about, I'm just looking at chicken coops and I think I've got into a false sense of security with internet shopping. Any tips on how to work out which sites are genuine?

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 11:14 »
Recommendations are usually the best bet. Being able to ring the supplier and discuss your requirements is a must too - it gives you peace of mind that they do actually exist, and the confidence that they are reputable if they can answer your questions knowledgably.

Blobbs

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2012, 12:33 »
Milly, look at my post "Hen House Ordered After Research". I've been incapacitated for 9 weeks after an op and spent hours doing research.It might save you some time.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2012, 13:54 »
also talking directly with the supplier can sometimes get you an item cheaper (well it worked for me with my Solway recycling arks  :D).
Staffies are softer than you think.

Milly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2012, 06:58 »
Many thanks gor the advice, I'll check that post out  :D

xx
ripped comb

Started by burnley mouton on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2009, 13:37
by Roughlee Handled
xx
cockerel has pecked one hen until her comb is ripped and bleeding

Started by LivvyW on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2010, 21:28
by LivvyW

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 37 queries.