Have I been ripped off?

• 52 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: Have I been ripped off?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2012, 12:54 »
Hope you get your money back or your chicken house sorted.  It sounds like a dropshipper to me.  No need for lots of storage space then!

If you ever come across called SimplyABC, that isn't them, it was me!  I started off a little bloggy website thing where I was going to sell ebooks, but it never left the ground.  I think its still out there somewhere!  :lol:

Oooh just had a little Google and can't find me!  Lots of other SimplyABC's out there though!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:55 by GrannieAnnie »

StephRF

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2012, 13:17 »
Re your payment you can definately go to your bank and report it as fraudulent, my belief is that they should re-credit your account almost immediately then pursue the Company on your behalf.  Only if the Company can prove they have delivered to you would you then be re-charged.  Good Luck!! :)

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 13:56 »
Oh dear, www.simplychickencoops.co.uk has annoyed the forumers  :nowink: Silly, silly www.simplychickencoops.co.uk  :nowink:
Lucky Mother of 2 dogs, 2 cats (RiP Sherlock) and 4 chickens (welcome Brenda and Harriet)

Diddy Gardener

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 14:01 »
Just checked out the trampoline site and I'm sorry (call me picky or pedantic (I write for a living))... I wouldn't even entertain a company who wrote this on their website :

Trampolines on the market has grown in recent years and new shapes and sizes trampolines were born on the road. Any other benefit is based on how it is used and what it is. Thus, rounded shape is more designed for children and home.
That if, if you buy 12 or 14ft trampoline, it would be an excellent tool for training an adult or a child, and units of good quality it may take more than one bouncer.

If it didn't have the word 'trampoline' in there, you wouldn't know what the heck they were talking about!  :ohmy:

Dopey113

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2012, 14:30 »
The address is for, 2 Woodberry Gr
London N12 0DR
Homebase - London North Finchley‎
If Its Not Growing... Its Dead.

Raven81

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2012, 18:07 »
Same address, but has a phone number.

http://www.simplytrampolines.co.uk/

The problem is that there are over 30 pages of Companies registered at that address if you Google it!   :(
Probably these at a guess.  ;)

http://www.blogger.com/profile/15471127413704608653

Just clicked on the link for simplychickens blog - me thinks someone is doing rather a lot of copy and paste without knowing what they are talking about!

The simplychickens website does look professional, as others have said, so you won't be the only one that fell for it.  Hope you manage to get something sorted with your bank.

Edit: Just found this on their pinefurniture site, I think it sums it up well: "when you purchase pine furniture from us, you can rest assured that you are making the right decision and that you are buying for the lowest possible price oak furniture on the market!"  :D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 18:30 by Raven81 »
The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

Helenaj

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 18:35 »
Hi

I have just picked up on this thread. I have a Visa debit card and have been scammed in the past (not by this company, thankfully!). All you need to do is contact your bank, explain you have been scammed and they will put you through to their fraud department to take all of the details. I did that and had my money refunded in 2 days.

Best of luck

Markw

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 18:48 »
I simply detest companies like this one. I do hope that you get your money back. I just looked at their site and clicked on their coops for up 10 hens. please have a look at the rubbish they are selling.

There not fit for purpose, trading standards could be a better way to go. 
“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.”

Dresden James

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 19:14 »
TALK TO YOUR BANK

Yes Mods, I did mean to shout!! 

Buying on a Visa card gives you protection from that sort of thing - keep all evidence you have - emails you sent & received, etc.

The bank should re-credit you and then take on the company.

Print off what's been flagged up on here if you like, to send to the bank - or indeed to the police, as your report could contribute to an ongoing investigation.
ManicMum

LilacSandy

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 19:16 »
Contact Consumer Direct and they will tell you if you have been ripped off and how many complaints they have received.  They will also..... oh of course they have been disbanded by the government so we have no one to complain to or to compile a list of these sort of companies.  

kegs

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 09:56 »
Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum, I found you when trying to find out if I'd been ripped off with my new coop  :(

I bought a new coop last week from www.simplychickencoops.co.uk supposedly on next day delivery, but no sign of it yet. And the aren't answering my emails. Has anyone used them before? Are they even a real company?

Getting nervous now  :(

Jamiesmack, any news today on your coop or have you heard back from the company?

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 10:07 »
The address is for, 2 Woodberry Gr
London N12 0DR
Homebase - London North Finchley‎

You sure about that Dopey?  according to my internet, Homebase is 679 High Road.  It looks like the back of Homebase we can see and the address said 1st floor or something.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 10:28 »
I get the same address for Homebase as you Grannie  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

tadpole

• Experienced Member
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 10:51 »
Little bit of digging for Directors gives this as the contact address of Mr Samuel Turner

55 Seckford Street
Woodbridge
United Kingdom
IP12 4LZ

He is the director of dozens of companies. all at the adress given on the http://www.simplychickencoops.co.uk/pages/contact-us Website
along with The Honourable Andrew Moray Stuart

Cie Sucriere De St Antoine M59 St Antoine
Goodlands
Mauritius
GPO BOX
small scale gardener, large scale eater

the Kergan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2012, 11:56 »
I own several websites for my business and we have full contact details on there inc phone numbers.

I would never buy anything from an unknown website without having a contact phone number that I could call, i would also make sure the number worked as well.

"Your first job is to prepare the soil.  The best tool for this is your neighbor's motorized garden tiller.  If your neighbor does not own a garden tiller, suggest that he buy one."

xx
ripped comb

Started by burnley mouton on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2009, 13:37
by Roughlee Handled
xx
cockerel has pecked one hen until her comb is ripped and bleeding

Started by LivvyW on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 13, 2010, 21:28
by LivvyW

Page created in 0.373 seconds with 38 queries.