Doodlehouses

• 8 Replies

Pixiewish

Doodlehouses
« on: May 01, 2012, 22:51 »
Does anyone have any experiences of these coops?

http://www.doodlehouse.net/

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Doodlehouses
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 22:55 »
If you go back to the thread index board for the Hen House and type doodlehouses into the search box in the right corner, you'll find quite a lot of previous threads on this.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Pixiewish

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 23:20 »
Thanks i tried a search but didn't find anything...obviously did it wrong  ???

Nicki85

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 23:26 »
I've got one  :lol: previous thread on cleaning - http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=84900.0

I think they have some new types now but be careful as not all are suited as "full time" housing if that makes sense!  I would get another if I had a flat surface... Feel free to ask any questions. 

Hen 1-0 Fox

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 01:28 »
I have one too, helpful company, design isnt perfect but it's a good coop
x1 Light Sussex x1 Black Rock x1 Bluebell x1 Silver Sussex

Pixiewish

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 11:17 »
Great thanks. Been looking at them on ebay and think it would be the pugly (but that would limit us to bantams) or the mimi, but I wasn't sure how sturdy they were or how easy they would be to clean without taking it apart?

Are they insulated enough for the winter?

If we get one it will be to go in a walk in run...possibly on a table with a "ladder" down to the ground to maximise floor space.

Hen 1-0 Fox

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 15:26 »
Hey, suppose it depends in your chicken keeping requirements, I spoke with the designers and they refer to the pugly as the 'hospital' or temporary home for birds that need to be isolated due to its size. I have the mimi, it's really sturdy, the floor slides out to aid cleaning, though I would recommend a removable covering for the floor that you can just pull out and hose down to speed things up. Everyone will do it differently but so I guess just find what's best for you? I believe the perches are better in the max, they are too narrow in the mimi and I am customising mine.

Pixiewish

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 16:39 »
Well as a complete novice my only requirements are a safe, easy to clean, comfortable home for probably 3 bantams. Sounds like the pugly may not be suitable for that though if they call it "the hospital".

Hen 1-0 Fox

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 19:25 »
Ha ha I'm sure its lovely... They called it that as its a good size for isolating a poorly hen or for keeping a few bantams.

xx
Doodlehouses

Started by PaulineM on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post October 31, 2011, 15:41
by joyfull

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 36 queries.