Caught the thief

• 8 Replies

yorkshirerose

Caught the thief
« on: October 28, 2007, 22:24 »
When  I go to pick out the chooks poo out the shed after letting em out in mornings, if theres an egg or two in the nest boxes, I just put them outside on the step whilst I clean out.
Other day after cleaning out I reached for the one egg (scratched my head doubting if there had been an egg :!: )
Anyway yesterday there were 2 eggs and put emm on the step as usual - when reached for - only 1 there.
Very strange but then it dawned on me (doh) Tyke the lurcher x jack russell had disappeared and was not near the back door so where was he ?
He was on the new concrete ( for new kennels) licking up the yolk of his ill-gained treat  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
And there were the girls, standing round watching him as if to say 'We'll tell.' :lol:  :lol:
He always gets an egg for keeping an eye on the chooks whilst they free range - just thoughht he would pick his own lately. :)
Live every day as your last - enjoy life and smile.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Caught the thief
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 22:27 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: Clever dog  :wink:

Selkie

Caught the thief
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 22:29 »
when our hens were laying henry got an occasional egg as a treat - he's so gentle when you give him anything that the first time the egg dropped straight out of his mouth -- he was licking that patch of grass for ages afterwards and even eats the shell if you don't get there fast enough :shock:

lucyeff

Caught the thief
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 09:59 »
:lol:  I used to a have rottweiller, Iggy, who loved whole eggs - I think the shell is good for them, read it somewhere but can't quite remember where.

Didn't last him very long...two chews one gulp and gone! :roll:

tallulah

Caught the thief
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:37 »
Lurchers are notorious sneak-thieves!  But Tyke sounds like he does it in such a gentle way.  I have a lurcher who hasn't twigged to the egg-stealing potential yet - she's always too busy to see if the hens have left any of their 'treat' food of the day.  Or mopping up the cat's bowl!  Dogs - I love 'em!

Selkie

Caught the thief
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:40 »
can you post a photo of your dog yorkshire rose please? am curious to see what a lurcher x jack russel looks like :D

Kym503

• Experienced Member
Caught the thief
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 17:42 »
My spaniel loves eggs - she gets the occassional soft shelled one when I find it and eats them whole. The other day I found one sitting in the middle of the run and placed it to one side whilst I cleaned up.  Once my back was turned Pip stole the egg and must have dropped it because it broke and was totally rotten inside.... god it smelt to high heaven!  Didn't stop her trying to eat it though!

muntjac

Caught the thief
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 19:41 »
Quote from: "rosemarycallsthegoddess"
can you post a photo of your dog yorkshire rose please? am curious to see what a lurcher x jack russel looks like :D

im more curios as to how the bloooming parents made the x in the first place ,,,,,,,,,,,,, " gimme a laddder mick im scoring if i can person up there "    :lol:
still alive /............

yorkshirerose

Caught the thief
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:43 »
:lol:  :lol:  Bitch was the JR  :lol:  :lol:

Shall take some time before I get a piccie up as on slow band -cant get broad band here :(  :(  and always having technical problems - also not very good on these pc's - give me pen and paper - much quicker  :lol:
But I shall get a day or two to try get a piccie up - promise. :wink:

xx
Egg thief

Started by marygall on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2012, 17:00
by j00les
xx
Greyie caught a rat!

Started by yolkie on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 06, 2013, 08:16
by Sassy
xx
Hs my hen caught a cold?

Started by ghost61 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 19, 2013, 21:29
by grinling
xx
Dog caught chicken

Started by Eblana on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 16, 2015, 10:18
by joyfull

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 35 queries.