hi all. how many

• 2 Replies

bigsprouts

• Experienced Member
hi all. how many
« on: October 28, 2007, 21:02 »
the mrs just bought a tayberry bush what are these like and how many plants do we need to provide loads of fruit but not take to much room up? :D

paintedlady

hi all. how many
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 16:23 »
A tayberry isn't exactly a bush, it is a hybrid between a blackberry and something else, raspberry I think.  I have loganberries and tayberries in my garden and I have to admit I get the 2 mixed up but one has more vicious thorns than the other.  The fruit from tayberries look like a dark red elongated raspberry shape and are really sharp and tasty.  However, both grow as much as 10 feet or more in length (ie imagine a bramble that size rather than a neat tidy blackcurrant bush so if you were hoping it wouldn't take much room, think again!)  You can make a sort of frame and tie it as it grows.

How many plants for lots of fruit is a tough one and I can't help you there.  I have 3 tayberries amongst the loganberries and raspberries and it is a jungle out there!  Truth is I don't really get that many but enough to mix with other berries (strawberries & raspberries) for a sort of summer berry fruit salad.  Delicious with a dollop of cream!
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

muntjac

hi all. how many
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 17:50 »
we have tayberries and we had over 30 lbs feed load manure in spring and cut 1/3 dead backl in winter .....definatly werks for me :wink:
still alive /............

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 36 queries.