hatching eggs

• 38 Replies

ganner

• Dorset
Re: hatching eggs
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2012, 21:40 »
I'm at the same stage I've looked at the eggs there is def, air spots & goldie hasn't come off the eggs today so I took her off for a drink while I checked the eggs dose the air spot mean anything I can't quite see any thing else very dark shadows but hay I hope we get something after all they have all gone through, we are on day 18 very exciting times
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 22:43 by ganner »

Jo57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 22:44 »
I'll be up early in the morning  :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 10:08 »
I'm at the same stage I've looked at the eggs there is def, air spots & goldie hasn't come off the eggs today so I took her off for a drink while I checked the eggs dose the air spot mean anything I can't quite see any thing else very dark shadows but hay I hope we get something after all they have all gone through, we are on day 18 very exciting times

Here is the topic with the candling pictures day 1 to 18 for you to compare.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37 »
not being true bantams they normally don't hatch until day 21 at the earliest often a day or so afterwards.
Staffies are softer than you think.

kegs

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17 »

Here is the topic with the candling pictures day 1 to 18 for you to compare.   :)

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=73884.0    ;)

ANHBUC

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 11:26 »

Thanks for that kegs, must have had a blonde moment again!  ::)

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=73884.0    ;)

kegs

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 11:39 »
No prob ANHBUC - us blondes have got to stick together.  ;)  

I must have referred to those pics a zillion times but it still took me 10 mins to find the thread.  I had to use the search in the end....  :nowink:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 13:23 by kegs »

ganner

• Dorset
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2012, 12:18 »
yes thx its looking good as day 18  looks like that
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:42 by ganner »

Jo57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 17:05 »
Home from work to disaster...a door on coop swinging open and Minnie not there. (This has never happened before) 6 cold eggs  :ohmy:. This is not a door I use so was shocked. Found Minnie in the nest box of main house.  My sons are adamant they did not go to chickens so I can only suppose the bolt which fitted badly worked loose and Minnie pushed on it and went out for a bit clambering past the water I had put in the way of door. I think she had tried to get back in but given up as too high. The 6 eggs were cold so I candled and found 5 totally undeveloped. One was dark but although I put it back under her it will have died now ?? It was totally cold.
I have changed the bolt now but am so so so disappointed.
I may try to find day olds for her or if not get her out and about again. Mo has just gone broody too in the nest box. Not sure if I am brave enough to try again.  :(

ANHBUC

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 17:26 »
So sorry Jo57  :(

What method of post were the eggs sent, recorded 1st, recorded 2nd or special delivery?  You might be better finding someone local to get eggs off if you are going to try again.

Minnie will need to be checked over for lice and scaly leg mite with her being a sitting (duck) hen for over 3 weeks.  She will have lost quite a bit of weight so some tlc will be needed. 

joyfull

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 17:28 »
keep the other egg under her it could still be ok  :)

Jo57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 17:31 »
eggs were sent 1st recorded.
I will look for day olds but not holding much hope here.
Will look after Minnie. Should I try to get her up and about? I suppose there is no hope for last 'cold ' egg now she is back on?

ANHBUC

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 17:41 »
Leave her on the remaining egg as joyfull says.  The shell may be cold but you never know, best give it a chance.

What area do you live in as other members may be able to advise on replacement eggs or day old chicks?

joyfull

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 17:53 »
I had a broody shut out of her coop for an afternoon and all her eggs were stone cold. However she snuggled back down and I only lost 2 out of 8 so hang on in there.

Jo57

• Experienced Member
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 17:59 »
I live near Winchester Hampshire. I will leave the last egg there til at least the weekend then and try to remain hopeful. Thank you.

question
Help with Hatching eggs

Started by uktitan on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 01, 2010, 22:20
by Chookiechook
xx
Would you buy these hatching eggs?

Started by pandora on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 20, 2012, 06:43
by Casey76
xx
hatching eggs

Started by samuria on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 03, 2022, 20:11
by New shoot
xx
hatching eggs soon

Started by emotion-2003 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post January 22, 2012, 23:51
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 38 queries.