breadmaker woes and joys

• 137 Replies

Mrs Bee

Re: breadmaker woes and joys
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2012, 18:19 »
Have just made some ciabatta bread and some tomato and garlic bread (the flour was ready produced tomato and garlic (Wessex Mill) in case anyone asks.

Made it by hand :happy:

Feeling very pure :D

Emma

stop it !!!!-- i confuse easily and hate renaging on my princebles in life you you you you flippin smug purist you  :lol: and emma it,s only at my wish list not in a basket yet  :tongue2:

Now focus, Jay. I use a breadmaker but never use a bread mix. Actually I lie, a butcher friend bought a load of these packet mixes and couldn't sell them so gave them to me. They had stuff in like chickpea flour and it had a off twang to it. It was OK for free but I wouldn't buy them.

You go for it. Get the bread maker and the good housekeeping recipe book and have a play ;)

What sort of icecream maker is on your wishlist. The mickey mouse, freeze the bowl ones are a right pain in the 'arris. I have a Gaggia, 'cos the spindle comes up form the bottom of the machine rather than the motor in the lid. looked at the Nisbet's catalogue recently and they have one similar and at a reasonable price. I think you can get good deals on the gaggia on the internet.

;) ;)

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2012, 18:48 »
oooh mrs b nisbetts cat is for the pro,s ---all my cheff tops were brought & embroidered by them name at the top with british flag each side and head chef underneath,which is why i look closley at every detail before i buy any product now :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2012, 18:51 »
This afternoon I made (or the machine did) sundried tomato rolls for my tea, and very nice they were too  ;)

mrsbean

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2012, 20:06 »
my choc fudge cake mix, tasted better than some shop bought cakes,took to mum in hospital every one loved. do agree oven is best and the presserving pan is must for jam. do go onto your local freecycle if you want to try be fore you buy.you can always put back on for someone else..sorry about your stroke, panny sd255 brill

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2012, 20:22 »
This afternoon I made (or the machine did) sundried tomato rolls for my tea, and very nice they were too  ;)

mos would you like to contibute a check as well ? to help towards the --- jay doesn,t know which direction he is going in fund ? :D

Mrs Bee

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2012, 21:31 »
oooh mrs b nisbetts cat is for the pro,s ---all my cheff tops were brought & embroidered by them name at the top with british flag each side and head chef underneath,which is why i look closley at every detail before i buy any product now :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Way off topic here but.....I got a lot of my stuff from there when |I started a cook's professional course at the local college. A member of our wine class suggested it  as being very good and that the chef running it was very nice and a bit of a dish himself. ;)

However when I had paid my fee I found that we had a bad tempered middle aged lady. Now I can get on with most people but she was not nice and it turned out to be a chore.
Actually she was down right nasty and there was no need for it.

The food we were taught to cook was way below the standard of food that I had taught myself to cook from books, so I stuck it till Christmas and dropped out. Didn't see the fun of paying for ingredients to turn into inedible food :tongue2:

I waited until the last evening before Christmas and bought in some of my homemade white chocolate and creme de menth  truffles, petite fours and home made blackberry brandy to share with the rest of the class, 50% of whom had already said they weren't coming back after Christmas. As we were sharing them the tutor grabbed one of the passing chef/tutors to taste my wares and she completely changed her attitude to me, telling her colleague that she didn't know what I was doing on this course when I could cook like this already.

Thank you Raymond Blanc, whose recipes I had used for the truffles :D :D

So I was a college drop out but still get a lot of my stuff from Nesbits especially as I am starting to build up  a little cake and preserve business now that I have retired from teaching :D

Where were you head chef Jay?

grendel

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2012, 21:47 »
Sorry Jay no cash to spare here, remember I had to buy a new bread machine :)
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2012, 23:18 »
would you beleive this  :blush: i have come to reply and forgotten the question ---- wish you all could see me now on this keybooard ok have gone back

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2012, 17:54 »
well guy,s n gals  --- the deed is done   :blush: arrives on mon.along with4 slice toaster ( to stop me bending down with grill )a twin waffle maker,ss open top 7.5ltr stock pot(jams &chutney,s i hope )and a cast iron skillet --- something i really miss from my cheffy day,s  and so grendel if you decide to start another thread --- dont ------------ cos i,m easiley led  --- and that goes for you as well mrs b  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2012, 18:54 »
Crumbs, you don't do things by halves jay001  :ohmy: :lol:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Mrs Bee

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2012, 18:55 »
OOOOO a waffle maker too. They are fun. Have one of those but yours sounds more upmarket than mine. Perhaps I should have a look for a new one :blush:
Or perhaps not until the other gives up the ghost :lol:

I promise not to lead you into temptation my love, until the next time :lol: :lol:

Have fun with your new toys.  :D :D

grendel

« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2012, 19:49 »
W---- -------------- --- ----------- ------ - -----g
Grendel ( I censored my comments so as not to cause temptation)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2012, 20:00 »
W---- -------------- --- ----------- ------ - -----g
Grendel ( I censored my comments so as not to cause temptation)

Now you have me wondering wht the comments were. Shan't be able to sleep tonight. :unsure:

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2012, 00:58 »
i forgot to say that there is prob another tenners worth added on to my sainsbury home delivery,consisting of different flours i have never used before----- anyone used pumkin seed flour before  :blink: and mrs b my chrissy,s daughter sent me a book on waffle recipes last year for my birthday and have never used it ------- but now i have something else to play with.i will enjoy  :) apparrently all homes own one over there and she could,nt beleive i didnt!! ---and also by they way birthday is august the 18th this year--- and every other year come to think of it :blink:
cheers jay  8)

Mrs Bee

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2012, 08:19 »
I have never used pumpkin flour before. I stick to whole meal, not brown and white. I don't use bread mixes; don't knead to. Have all the raw ingredients in the cupboard.......sundried tomatoes, punpkin seeds, sesame seeds, olive oil etc. Taste is much better than packet.

You will enjoy playing with the waffles maker. ihave  a neat little book on wafffles and pancakes. Used to get my class of 8 year olds making waffles in the classroom. They all used to have a whale of a time.

waffles very good with icecream.  Did you say you had an icecream machine?
Ooops better not get you tempted. :lol: :lol:

xx
breadmaker

Started by francesann on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

33 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 15:52
by madcat
xx
First time with my breadmaker........

Started by Slowgrind on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

46 Replies
Last post October 04, 2010, 13:50
by shokkyy
xx
Sour dough in breadmaker?

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post September 02, 2009, 18:45
by Poolfield2

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 37 queries.