breadmaker woes and joys

• 137 Replies

grendel

Re: breadmaker woes and joys
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2012, 18:48 »
the other post was here - http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=95754.msg1065911#msg1065911
as for getting it out I hold a cloth over the open end turn it upside down and shake until the loaf just drops in my hand. is your pan a non stick one?
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

snowdrops

« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2012, 19:40 »
Yes but it has 2 paddles. The 1st one that we bought from a car boot was the best,but after a couple of years my OH gave it to a colleague at work when he bought another one from a car boot (before he'd tried it >:( ). The 2nd one didn't always mix it well so I saw this one at lidl.Will try again & might look to getting a better one,like the sound of the fold down paddles that Joyful said she'd ordered.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2012, 13:17 »
I decided to treat myself to a new breadmaker the other week as Brian said he preferred shop bread to my hand made efforts.

Very pleased I did, HE ACTUALLY LIKES IT!   ;) ;)  Said he hasn't tasted such nice bread since the last one we bought at a bakery in Hunstanton!

So far I've only made basic white and wholemeal loves, but I am very pleased with it.  It is an Andrew James model.  It doesn't have a fold down paddle, but does have a fruit and nut dispenser.

I think my handmade bread was maybe a problem with my kneading, so I let the machine do it.  Looking forward to making some other breads too now I've got Brian hooked on it!!!!!  :lol: :lol:

shokkyy

• Mishka
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2012, 13:41 »
These days I always use my posh Panasonic breadmaker just to make the dough, but I bake it in the oven. I think it tastes nicer oven baked, doesn't come out a weird shape and doesn't have a hole in the bottom.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2012, 16:12 »
True, will do that too!  Bought some raisins today to make some raisin bread, oh and got some courgettes grated!!!    

I won't be going overboard with the varieties, so nothing too weird and wonderful, but I did buy some gluten free bread flour and xanthum (sp?) gum to try out some recipes for my lovely SIL.

Hope she doesn't read this!!!!   :lol:  She's had mixed results with her breadmaker and her gluten free flour, so I thought if I could find a good recipe to give her that would be nice, but if it doesn't work out, I know what I'm going to do with the breadcrumbs, but I'm not saying, just in case she DOES read this!!!     :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 16:43 by GrannieAnnie »

snowdrops

« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2012, 18:43 »
the other post was here - http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=95754.msg1065911#msg1065911
as for getting it out I hold a cloth over the open end turn it upside down and shake until the loaf just drops in my hand. is your pan a non stick one?
Grendel

Sorry Grendel I missed your post & have just seen grannie's. Yes mine has a non stick but I think it is to do with it having 2 paddles so we bake it in the oven now & just need it as a mixer

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2012, 18:45 »
Why 2 paddles snowdrops?  Does it make a longer loaf than the one paddle machines?

snowdrops

« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2012, 18:49 »
Yes it is a longer pan but as I say the loaf gets destroyed trying to get it out.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2012, 18:55 »
That's a shame.  A longer loaf rather than just tall would be nice, but not if it is such a mess.  Shame they don't fold down too eh?

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2012, 18:53 »
With regard to previous posts on making jam in the breadmaker,  I have tried it three times and each time it has come out with a lovely flavour but very soft set.
It also is quite opaque rather than that clearness that jam should have. 
I think my breadmaker (Morphy Richards) undercooks it but still tastes lovely.  I didn't dare to cook it longer as I was scared stiff it would boil over into the works. 
I like it that it only makes small quantities as we don't eat very much jam, and I usually end up throwing half a big jar out.
Anne

snowdrops

« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2012, 21:17 »
That's a shame.  A longer loaf rather than just tall would be nice, but not if it is such a mess.  Shame they don't fold down too eh?

yes but it was only a cheapy from lidl :)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2012, 21:30 »
With regard to previous posts on making jam in the breadmaker,  I have tried it three times and each time it has come out with a lovely flavour but very soft set.
It also is quite opaque rather than that clearness that jam should have. 
I think my breadmaker (Morphy Richards) undercooks it but still tastes lovely.  I didn't dare to cook it longer as I was scared stiff it would boil over into the works. 
I like it that it only makes small quantities as we don't eat very much jam, and I usually end up throwing half a big jar out.

In my new bread maker Annen, it says 4 cups squashed strawberries, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of pudding powder!  what on earth is pudding powder?  Does yours say that?  All I can fnd on the internet re pudding powder is that it is something like angel delight!!!

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2012, 22:56 »

In my new bread maker Annen, it says 4 cups squashed strawberries, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of pudding powder!  what on earth is pudding powder?  Does yours say that?  All I can fnd on the internet re pudding powder is that it is something like angel delight!!!
No, never heard of it!  Mine's got two recipes neither mention pudding powder. I wonder if it could be something like cornflour, which would turn it into more of a fruit spread than a true jam.  Might be worth a try.

Trillium

« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53 »
Pudding powder is what comes in packets like fruit gelatin powders, except you add cold milk to it, mix, and it sets up as a pudding eg chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2012, 16:46 »
Thanks Trillium, I thought pudding powder was probably American or something.  Sounds like the angel delight stuff we have over here.  You add milk to that and get different flavours like vanilla, strawberry, butterscotch too.

Well something else to experiment with over the dark winter festival days!  :lol: :lol:

xx
breadmaker

Started by francesann on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

33 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 15:52
by madcat
xx
First time with my breadmaker........

Started by Slowgrind on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

46 Replies
Last post October 04, 2010, 13:50
by shokkyy
xx
Sour dough in breadmaker?

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

4 Replies
Last post September 02, 2009, 18:45
by Poolfield2

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 37 queries.