garlic sowing success

• 27 Replies

jay001

• Experienced Member
Re: garlic sowing success
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 22:55 »
yay, jay you've managed to quote ;) - next step - uploading photo's  :lol:

all right dont take the p**s  :tongue2: for the 2 years chrissy and i have been together we have exchanged many pics to each other via e mail and i was even managed to send videos at one point,but now carnt include a pic to her so she has no pics of what i have been up to in our commie garden cos in her file its all before i kicked my butt into gear !!! asked this morning when we were on skype (5 hours behind me ) will get it sorted --- ooh my something else to fill my time  :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 23:01 »
and i thought e mail addresses were private ? how come you know that ???

Just to re-assure our readers, email addresses are indeed private. We make regular checks to make sure these are not showing to others logging on to the site.  Not even mods can view them.

jay001 - I know that from what you pair have posted, that you and Matt have had a few PM exchanges, I suspect you told him your email addy in one of those.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 23:04 »
The MSN icon which you've put on your forum profile reveals an email address, jay.

As DD says, the standard email address which you use for here isn't visible to anyone except admin and you.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 23:04 »
There is what looks like an email adress in the MSN field.
Cheese makes everything better.

mattwragg94

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 23:05 »
anyway my garlic have been in for a week - if you look at my pics on the allium bed on the far left you'll see them - first timer ive grown them but they seem to be growing fast.

i havent got clue whats goin on with your email - but im sure aunt sally will sort it if you PM her.

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 23:08 »
I forgot about those giveaway fields - aside from those - we do try and protect members from spam, but it's their choice if they fill in those fields.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 23:10 »

Just to re-assure our readers, email addresses are indeed private. We make regular checks to make sure these are not showing to others logging on to the site.  Not even mods can view them.

jay001 - I know that from what you pair have posted, that you and Matt have had a few PM exchanges, I suspect you told him your email addy in one of those.
[/quote]

dont think so dd but he just pm,nd me with how to get it sorted ,but not really worried cos if there was a scam happening to enter into your bank account details from say someone in nigeria ,or outer mongolia  they would.nt get it from coming onto a gardening site ---would they ??? ??? ???

mattwragg94

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 23:12 »
you never know jay, they could be anywhere  >:(

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 23:18 »
No they wouldn't get details from here, unless you posted them in a public fiels.

We block email addys, but what you post under those other fields is your responsibility. Problem is (for you), it's often the same as your email address.

There must be a moral there.

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 23:21 »
you never know jay, they could be anywhere  >:(

oop,s never thoght about that  ??? will have a re look on my profile --so 2 more things i have learned tonight 1 is my garlic is safe and 2 ___ sort my profile out so i hide e mail address --- see told you all i find the site really helpfull  :D

DD.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 23:30 »
jay - to repeat, your email address is hidden. It's those other ID's you need to look at so they don't reflect your email address.

bazh

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 00:17 »
last week when we had the good weather i planted 3 rows of " marcos " garlic outside put potting compost in all rows and sowed garlic cloves  as per instructions 1" down and 4" between,all 33 plant,s are now up about an inch; will the tender new shoots cope with any late frost we might still get or do i need to protecc them at night with plastic? am going to really enjoy this crop and want them to be survivors so any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers jay  8)

Jay hand weed them every 2 weeks, water them if you have no rain for a week (good soaking , along with yours onions) and they'll be fine, goood luck mate
Faff free zone!

jay001

• Experienced Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 01:08 »

[/quote]

Jay hand weed them every 2 weeks, water them if you have no rain for a week (good soaking , along with yours onions) and they'll be fine, goood luck mate
[/quote]

cheers and yeah i read in   one of johns book,s that they need plenty of water when they are babies  :D so i know that. but was just worried about how quick they came on and survival in a frost situation  thankyou to all

cheers jay 8) ps guess that means more aching back time with the weeding  :D

xx
Success tips - sowing direct

Started by Zippy on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 12, 2010, 13:47
by JayG
xx
Garlic - which variety for flavour and success?

Started by johnfh on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 07, 2011, 19:50
by johnfh
xx
Success replanting harvested garlic for next year?

Started by Ian_A on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post August 05, 2012, 09:53
by Amilo
xx
Spring sowing Garlic?

Started by heygrow on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post March 07, 2015, 19:52
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.91 seconds with 36 queries.