Playing the victim

• 7 Replies

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Playing the victim
« on: March 29, 2012, 17:49 »
My old black & red Yokohama has been spending most of her day sitting alone on the wooden shelf we have over the feeder and drinker, while the rest of the big gang rampage around the run underneath her.

OH said - make sure she has food and water up there as I think she's being bullied and I'm worried about her. I think she is sunbathing and she's always anti-social and increasingly bad tempered in her old age, but hey ho, got her a food and water supply up there which she has ingored most of the day  ::)

Heard a chicken absolutely screaching in the coop earlier.  Went out to find one of my laying Wyandottes backed into the nest box and Madam Yokohama had her by the comb.  She's ripped a piece of comb off and the poor Dottie had blood all over her head.  Purple spray and a severe telling off later for you know who  :mad: calm has decended again, but talk about playing the victim  ::)

YoungChickenLover

Re: Playing the victim
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 21:24 »
Poor Dottie! We've been having some pecky behaviour from a certain haughty ex bat ( Kate). She has chosen me as 'her human', and will chase the other hens away from me!
Yokohamas are spectacular! I love the upright tail and elegance. How old is she?
Weasel and The Chooks

NormandyMary

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:09 »
Don't you sometimes wonder what goes through chooks' minds? Anyone who says they only have small brains have never kept chooks that's for sure!!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 20:58 »
My Yokohama is a black and red and is 7 years old now YCL  :)  She does actually have a brain but it does her no good as she has always been bottom of the pecking order.  Even Yoda the teeny-tiny Serama bosses her around  ::)

Not sure what was going on the other day.  Foggie the cockerel seems to be dsciplining her regularly, so I guess she tried and failed to overstep the mark.  He does love his cuddly Dotties  :lol:

YoungChickenLover

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 21:10 »
Seramas and Yokohamas!! Jealous! How does your serama get on with the other breeds? I would love a few, but have a flock of LF, so worry about bullying. What breeds do you have in your flock?
Weasel and the Chooks

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 21:30 »
Hi YCL - here's the full mob  :)

The big gang banties - Foggy Serama boy, 3 partidge dotties, old girls Vorwark, Yokohama & silver laced dottie

New arrivals last year and best of friends - blue Orp Beyonce and Serama Yoda and the big gang's new des res in this one

Little gang - Alphie Serama boy and the supermodels Naomi and Eva - orps

YoungChickenLover

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 12:23 »
What a lovely flock! Are they all banties? I love Yoda and Beyonce! They're so sweet!
Weasel and the Chooks

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 14:06 »
They are all banties - Beyonce is just a big girl  :lol:  Yoda is the size of a wood pigeon but still holds her own.  Having a cockerel does keep the girls under control so mixing in new stock is easier  :D  Yoda is always cuddled up to Foggy at night so she gets well looked after by him  :)

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 30 queries.