Van instead of a car?

• 19 Replies

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Van instead of a car?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 19:59 »
maybe ours is more expensive as we have to include goods in transit (and also HGV drivers   :().
Staffies are softer than you think.

Goldfinger

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 20:10 »

That's why they call it person insurance. Because it is a.....  :tongue2:

Trillium

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 20:51 »
At the moment we have 2 cars - one van, one sedan. The van is mine, gets about 25mpg but it's our workhorse. It gets filled to the ceiling for tip runs, furniture moving, hauling concrete blocks, animal feed, straw bales, lumber, most plasterboard, plant material - you name it, I've probably hauled it. Sadly, when OH retires, it will have to go since we can't afford 2 vehicles then, but I'll definitely get my use out of its remaining time. As said, only drawback is the poor mileage for long trips, so we always use the sedan which does much better. But compared to a small truck, the van is my #1 choice.

ilan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 22:27 »
citreon belingo for me great drive but a van does have its drawbacks The insurance is a lot higher as no one will accept its for social domestic  use also the fuel consumption is lower as the gearing is lower but its paid for its self in just being able to pick up quantities of stuff
This is the first age that has ever paid much attention to the future which is ironic since we may not have one !(Arthur c Clarke)

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 13:18 »
Kei van driver here. :D Tax and warrant of fitness is kinda pain here, so kei-carvan

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 37 queries.