verm-x or flubenvet

• 23 Replies

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
verm-x or flubenvet
« on: March 18, 2012, 19:54 »
which is the most effective wormer and easiest to use?  :)

Tony H

• Experienced Member
Re: verm-x or flubenvet
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 20:34 »
Flub 1% is the best wormer easy to use and very affective, verm x isnt a wormer but a preventative made from herbs, garlic works better  :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 20:39 by Tony H »
Chicken crazy

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 20:37 »
I agree, definitely Flubenvet!

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 20:42 »
ok great thankyou flubenvet it is  :) cor good job ive got you guys to ask i would be trying to use verm x to get rid of any worms that may crop up  :)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 20:48 »
Garlic as already mentioned, and apple cider vinegar can help prevent worms and are cheaper than Verm-X   ;) ;)

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 07:08 »
How, and how much garlic ?. would it just be adding a crushed clove to the watering system.
Thanks
Kris

trinamc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 09:15 »
Hi

Our local mill Heygates produces layers pellets with the flubenvet in so it is very easy to feed them for seven days then just go back to the normal fee, it only cost 2.00 a 20klo more so is worth while. I share the cost with a friend who has chickens so none of it goes to waste.

Tony H

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 12:36 »
I add a clove of garlic to a jug of water let it stand over night then add that to the water removing the clove first  :D

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 12:57 »
I just used to chuck a crushed clove into their water buckets which gets changed every day, or like Tony does.  With apple cider vinegar, the rough stuff from horse and pet stores rather than the refined supermarket stuff.

It only needs a couple of tablespoons in a bucket of water, but I only did that once or twice a week, not every day.

I must say in all the years we've kept chooks, only had a case of worms once, and that was chooks had them when we brought them home!

Kenilworth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 13:08 »
I'm going to go against the grain here, i have successfully used a combination of Verm-x and cider vinegar for over 6 years without any problems. I was advised to use it by two very experienced chicken keepers (our local poulty center owner and a friend) they both themselves have used it successfuly for years.

I have read  several threads on this subject and the overriding advice on this forum is Flubenvent, (although go elsewhere and the advice can be different) :blink: I'm a big advocate of if it isnt broken then dont fix it. If i start getting problems I'll revisit my worm strategy.

Basically listern to  the advise offfered by some very experienced keepers and go with what you think would work for you. If for what ever reason problems occur be prepared to look at other options there are many variables out there and its not often that one solution fits all.

Just because it works for someone else doesnt always mean it'll be the best option for you.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 15:36 »
All we are telling Dawn is that Verm-X is a preventative, whereas Flubenvet is a treatment.

Sorry if we are confusing Dawn, but what ever you use, for prevention, albeit Verm-X or ACV or garlic, you would use it regularly.

With Flubenvet, you would only need to use it 2 or 3 times a year.  In fact, because we so rarely get worms in our chooks, they only get Flubenvet once a year.

You are not really going against the grain Kenilworth, but giving your opinion the same as the rest of us, and as for saying you were advised to use it by 2 very experienced chicken keepers, some of the people on this site have been keeping chickens for 40 years.  Myself, only for 15 years so I'm a relative newbie!  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 15:38 by GrannieAnnie »

Kenilworth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 16:57 »
All we are telling Dawn is that Verm-X is a preventative, whereas Flubenvet is a treatment.

Sorry if we are confusing Dawn, but what ever you use, for prevention, albeit Verm-X or ACV or garlic, you would use it regularly.

With Flubenvet, you would only need to use it 2 or 3 times a year.  In fact, because we so rarely get worms in our chooks, they only get Flubenvet once a year.

You are not really going against the grain Kenilworth, but giving your opinion the same as the rest of us, and as for saying you were advised to use it by 2 very experienced chicken keepers, some of the people on this site have been keeping chickens for 40 years.  Myself, only for 15 years so I'm a relative newbie!  ;) ;)

sorry for causing any confusion it wasnt meant, I  certainly should have explained myself clearer.  

I can certainly vouch for help and advice given on this forum, its a great resource for any chicken keeper, and though i have been keeping chickens for a few years now its amazing what new and interesting titbits of advice i keep finding .

I guess i do get a bit defensive when saying i use vermx as there are some very strong advocates of flub on this site and  though i'm sure it isnt intentional I have in the past felt bit of a target for admitting to use vermx.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 17:19 by Kenilworth »

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 17:52 »
thanks for all the advice. dont worry youve all sounded perfectly clear and im not too confused  :)

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 21:14 »
Oh good! lol

Basically Dawn, you have to go with whatever you feel is right for you and your chooks. 

Kenilworth, you shouldn't feel like that.  Some people do have strong views about using different things, and it's not meant to target you or anyone else in particular.  It's just that with something like the internet, we can't see each others faces and its easy to get hold of the wrong end of the stick.

In fact I have tried Verm-X and I have some in my shed, but due to lack of finances at times, and also like you said, if it isn't broken, don't fix it, I came to the conclusion that if I think my chooks are healthy and I don't think they have any worms, then why keep shoving stuff down their throats.

But there members on here who regularly give their chooks flubenvet every month.

We are all different, and its what makes the world an interesting place!    :D ;) :D

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 21:20 »
Its always good to get everyone's point of view as you can then try all sorts and find whats right for you. Its like i feed my dogs raw meat but some people would completely disagree with this. Im glad i found this forum as i have always wanted chickens but really dont have a clue and everyone is so helpful and freindly. Some forums can get very heated  :)

xx
Verm-X v Flubenvet

Started by sally10 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post July 21, 2010, 22:35
by sally10
xx
need advice on Flubenvet, verm-x, breeding process, and laying

Started by mohs.ayaz on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post January 07, 2012, 08:12
by Sassy
xx
Verm-X

Started by MontyTom on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 04, 2007, 21:49
by muntjac
xx
Verm-X

Started by ali2 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 02, 2010, 09:03
by joyfull

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 36 queries.