Chocolate wyandotte

• 2 Replies

lynsnow

Chocolate wyandotte
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:35 »
Has anyone had or got chocolate wyandotte bantams i am thinking of getting a couple and wondered what they are like For egg laying and personality.

CoopersCoop

Re: Chocolate wyandotte
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:41 »
I have a silver laced wyandotte called Patsy. She isn't a Bantam, but she is lovely. Very docile and becoming really tame.
She doesn't lay as well as my other hens, but to me that doesn't bother me, as what she lacks in eggs, she makes up for in personality! 

It depends what you want the hen for at the end of the day, Wyandottes are certainly one of the more Glamorous breeds!
Charlotte and her Hens

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Chocolate wyandotte
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 15:56 »
I have recently got 2 Partridge Wyandotte Bantams (10 months old) and am getting about 10 to 12 eggs per week.  Mine are quite flighty as they haven't been handled much by their previous owner.  I am sure they will become friendlier in time.  They are such lovely birds that I would consider just having them when I need to replace my other birds.  The guy I bought them from had chocolate ones as well but I don't have enough room for any more.  He also had a Partridge cockerel and was so tempted as he was stunning.  That was until I heard him crow, boy was he loud!!   :ohmy:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Chocolate-cream partridge bantam wyandotte

Started by gsc on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post May 31, 2010, 20:20
by cluckingnuts
xx
Wyandotte

Started by RTB on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 27, 2007, 20:29
by Aunt Sally
xx
Hefty Wyandotte

Started by SusieB on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 29, 2015, 06:57
by New shoot
xx
How old for Pekin and Wyandotte to be pol?

Started by chuckmum on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 26, 2009, 16:44
by Daisycow

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 36 queries.