chicken thieves

• 3 Replies

Mrs Bee

chicken thieves
« on: February 12, 2012, 22:01 »
A chicken breeder has very recently had several of her birds stolen!!
SHe is in the Essex area and would be really glad for people to pass on any information, to her about dodgy people advertising POL chickens .

You can see what birds she has had  stolen if you go to her website Hens4homes.

She would like people to remember to only buy their chickens from reputable breeders.

Apparently there are a lot of chicken thefts going on at the moment. The thieves are targeting ex bats as well.

We buy our chooks from her and really feel for this lovely lady. She is so enthusiastic about her birds and gives such helpful advice to newbies.

Lock up your hens ladies and gentlemen, there are apparently unscrupulous people out there looking to make a fast buck by nabbing our hens!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 18:51 by Mrs Ball »

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: chicken thieves
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 23:49 »
I think someone mentioned this the other day MrsB.  Are you Essex way?  Good idea to put your rough location in your profile, so if you ask any region related questions, it give people an idea of where you are in world!   ;)

Colchester auction might be a good place to look.  Unless they decide to take them further afield, in which case it could be Melton Mowbray!

Mrs Bee

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 08:40 »
I think someone mentioned this the other day MrsB.  Are you Essex way?  Good idea to put your rough location in your profile, so if you ask any region related questions, it give people an idea of where you are in world!   ;)

Colchester auction might be a good place to look.  Unless they decide to take them further afield, in which case it could be Melton Mowbray!

Thanks for advice about profile. Have put in location. Takes me a wee while to get my head around using internet sites. Have only read some of the information on this site until recently. Haven't seen anything from anyone else about the chicken thefts. But then I am only just finding my way around.
only recently got round to joining this site out of desperation for advice on what might be eating some of the veg in our utlity room. Have since realised what an amazing source of information and support this site is.

Still haven't caught whatever it was stealing my veg but at least it has stopped for the moment!
Obviously too blinking cold.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 14:06 »
This site is amazing MrsBall, There are some lovely people on here, and some of their knowledge is unbelievable.

Also we try to save other people time, money and give out wonderful ideas when we can!  I'm one of the longer term members here, so I am a bit biased!  But I do miss popping on here when I'm away and not able to get on my laptop.

We also try to keep it clean too.  We have many younger members here and some of the language on other sites I've been on is terrible.  But we try to stay family friendly here!   :D

Unfortunately, there is a lot of poultry thieving going on nowadays.  Nothing surprises us anymore! 

xx
thieves

Started by izzy on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 03, 2011, 19:31
by sunshineband
xx
New Chicken ~Owner with Chicken Emergency

Started by Jae Dawn on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 23:22
by Thingy
sad
ill chicken

Started by Rita on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 28, 2011, 05:46
by Lindeggs
sad
chicken

Started by stefsp on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 19, 2014, 17:08
by joyfull

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 36 queries.