silicone bake ware

• 36 Replies

chrissie B

silicone bake ware
« on: February 04, 2012, 20:30 »
anyone use them, i just got from lidl the little heart bun one and the small rose one and i have to say thebuns came out lovley just did a test batch , hbbys got a charity day at work its for childrens cancer and they have been asked to bring i some cakes so i thought they would be nice also sending a lemon drizzle cale , n the centre of the roses i put a little jam and thought i would pipe in some butter cream then it all might change by next week lol
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: silicone bake ware
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 21:36 »
I've got some muffin cases and I thought the muffins didn't cook quite as thoroughly throughout.  But that could just be my oven!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

lizt

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 22:00 »
i have done cakes, buns, bread, even tried Yorkshire puds once in silicone cases, there ok i do like having buns in cases though

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 00:30 »
I've got quite a few silicone bakeware now Chrissie.  bun tins, fairy cake cases, lots of chocolate moulds, big square cake 'tin' round cake 'tin', big 2lb loaf tin.  The loaf tin is the only one I don't like, as my bread pushed the sides outwards, and as I made a hash of the mix, it didn't come out well at all.

But I love all the others!

impossible5072

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 11:24 »
Hi

I also think it depends on the quality of the silicon as I had some I bought from one place, don't think they were expensive, just muffin cases, then another set I bought from somewhere else again not expensive and they are in two different colours one set being slightly thicker, and they cook perfectly the slightly thinner ones I don't like cooking with at all they don't cook through properly and I can smell them slightly when they are cooking.  I don't really use them now but the other ones I use them all the time only thing is when I take cakes to work people think its ok to throw them away.  They are not paper you think people would realise.

trampyjoe

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 11:41 »
We (i.e. my wife) love using silicone cookware as it is non-stick and easy clean and, as space is at a premium in our kitchen, it folds up nicely  :)

We've never had a problem with anything not cooking evenly or smelling whilst cooking, guess we must of just been lucky.

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 14:37 »
Hi

I also think it depends on the quality of the silicon as I had some I bought from one place, don't think they were expensive, just muffin cases, then another set I bought from somewhere else again not expensive and they are in two different colours one set being slightly thicker, and they cook perfectly the slightly thinner ones I don't like cooking with at all they don't cook through properly and I can smell them slightly when they are cooking.  I don't really use them now but the other ones I use them all the time only thing is when I take cakes to work people think its ok to throw them away.  They are not paper you think people would realise.

My OH sometimes forgets that the silicon ones are not made of paper and I have to retrieve them from the bin!   ???

evie2

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 17:52 »
I've not had much success with my silicone bun cases but they make perfect jelly moulds  ::)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

chrissie B

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 18:53 »
the ones i got were only 2.99 each , i have a larger one  used only once i just thought that its a good way of making your cakes look interesting if your not too artistic , the ones with the jam went well and looked smart lol
chrissie b

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 22:56 »
No photo?   ;) ;)

chrissie B

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 12:32 »
will try some my camera wont get them small enought for thr forum the are allways rejected
chrissie b

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 12:45 »
You need to reduce image size.

Here's how to post:

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.0
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 13:35 »
I use pixresizer, recommended to me by Aunt Sally!   :)

green doglet

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 14:01 »
I use silicon muffin cases for freezing cooked apple.  Simply fill it with cooked apple, let it get cold and then pop it in freezer.  Once it is frozen, the silicon case can simply be peeled off ready to use again for some more - and I then put the frozen apple in a bag ready to use.  I also have some bigger silicon mini-casseroles (which I bought in France) which I use in the same way for freezing soups, stews etc.  By far the easiest way I have ever found of freezing produce without having to have loads of containers

evie2

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 15:37 »
That's a good idea :D

xx
silicone bun cases

Started by evie2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post February 24, 2012, 16:03
by chrissie B
xx
Silicone oven gloves

Started by arugula on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

1 Replies
Last post October 25, 2011, 17:29
by Yorkie
xx
Silicone v. Metal Cake Tins

Started by Livifisherman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post November 15, 2009, 16:51
by madcat
xx
If you want to bake something different for Easter

Started by Mosslane on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post April 05, 2012, 19:06
by PAULW

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 38 queries.