What's up Cock ?

• 17 Replies

Sassy

Re: What's up Cock ?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 08:40 »
If its attacking you now it will only get worse as its hormones get going. There's only one thing to do ................... .  :(
The silkie at 10 weeks was at a critical age when they can just pop off, however, it is wise not to be complacent which I'm sure you won't be. :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

evie2

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 11:50 »
If you really want to keep the Orpington, ask the previous owner what they did to get the upper hand or could this be the reason they got rid of him?
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 13:15 »
the two guinea fowl I got given a while back were very aggressive - however the previous owners said they just gave a little peck to the back of the leg. Within a few weeks of them finding their feet I realised why they had been passed on (and been passed on by several other owners it seems) they were very aggressive drawing blood on us and anybody else who visited our house. The deed had to be done as I couldn't take the risk of rehoming such aggressive birds. People will tell all sorts of fibs to pass on bad birds rather than doing what they should and that is culling them.
There is no need to have aggressive cockerels - I have had loads of good tame boys and only the odd bad one (which I never raised myself). Get rid of him and look around for a new boy - cockerels are easy to find and usually are free  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Cock Bird has stopped 'Cock-a-doodle-dooing'! - Please help!

Started by johg on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 02, 2008, 14:05
by mumsy
xx
cock or hen??

Started by frenchliving on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 25, 2013, 13:52
by Elvira
xx
cock or hen?

Started by jonandjen16 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 22:11
by jonandjen16
clip
cock or hen

Started by traacyken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post February 20, 2014, 09:03
by Sassy

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 37 queries.