Mean cockerel!!!!!!!!!

• 4 Replies

chicken george25

Mean cockerel!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 28, 2012, 17:22 »
I let my girls out today in our garden and our nextdoor neighbours cockral came in a looked like he tried mating with one, dnt know if he did he had her by the neck for 15 seconds alot of flapping a noise, once he let go he kept going for her, with the others he tried what looked liked kicking them, is this normal? should i carry on letting my girls out or not?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 17:58 by Ice »

Chrysalis

Re: Mean cockerel!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 22:22 »
Would you like your neighbour's cockerel to have his way with your ladies? :wacko:

If not, and he keeps coming for them, I would suggest a gentle chat over the fence about keeping to one's own side! (Especially if there's going to be fisticuffs between the birds themselves and a lot of noise).

Do keep us posted on your progress.  I'm sure the mods will have good advice  ;)

We don't have any gents nearby, so it doesn't affect us, but I wouldn't want anything to upset my girls  :tongue2:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 22:47 »
If there is nothing stopping him getting to your girls it is only natural he will continue.  You also have to think that if he can get at them so can a fox or any other predator.   :(
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

chicken george25

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 08:23 »
i only let them out between 8am and 3pm let them out this morning and my biggest girl keeps chasing him dont know wether she loves him or hates him? as for getting to them he cn only get to them when i let them out there pen as fence is 6 foot high and netting over the top off it

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 17:28 »
If she is the top of the pecking order she probably doesn't want to loose her status to a rogue cockerel.   :lol:

xx
Hen or cockerel

Started by Asaunders on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 18:56
by Asaunders
xx
Cockerel or not?!

Started by Carshay on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 18:49
by joyfull
xx
cockerel or not?

Started by bantam novice on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 17, 2010, 09:06
by bantam novice
xx
ill cockerel

Started by rachels-e on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 20, 2009, 11:25
by lisa80

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 36 queries.