Sad People

• 10 Replies

Bodger

Sad People
« on: October 15, 2007, 07:12 »
Are there any fellow sad people on here who show their chickens ?

I bought some chickens for my then young children many years ago, they grew out of them quite quickly but their sad old men didn't :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Consequently, every year I get pathetically excited and then take my chickens to shows knowing full well that I'm only going to be humiliated by the judges :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Anyone else hooked ?

Foxy

Sad People
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:53 »
Hi Bodger!

I am going to have go this year - as I have bred some lovely birds by all the posh "standards" More by luck than anything else
But I do risk being a laughing stock as I have absolutely no idea! I do believe though in birds for meat or eggs and not just cos they look nice though. I have Faverolles that lay really well and are huge so cockerels very good for meat.  :lol:  :lol:

muntjac

Sad People
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:20 »
what ever floats ya boat bodger old chap ........  :roll:  /miss clucky of the world for hens and mr cockadoodle do for cocks huh :wink: go steady on the head n shoulders ,,,,,, puts a kink in my hair ,dont know about chucks  :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
still alive /............

Bodger

Sad People
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:45 »
I was going to say that I'd met some really nice people by showing my cock but thought better of it. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Seriously though, I have friends all over the country and abroad through my interests in chicken showing. You will find that most of the people in the fraternity will only be too pleased to help a new comer to the hobby. You will get some that take it too seriously but you'll soon spot them and learn to treat them accordingly.
Its really nice to get out and talk to people who have the same interest as yourself. A day at a chicken show usually represents a pleasant day out and its good to be able to compare your birds with those of other people.

There is a lady in our club who is a faverolle fanatic and I'd only be too pleased to pass your details onto her. My gamekeeping mate also keeps and shows them as well.

muntjac

Sad People
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 11:47 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
I was going to say that I'd met some really nice people by showing my cock but thought better of it. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

but havent you just done that? methinks we need anty to arbitrate this one  :lol:  :lol:

Bodger

Sad People
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 11:52 »
Oh Sugar ! I did didn't I ? :lol:

muntjac

Sad People
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 11:53 »
AND YOU CONFESSSESD A,,,,,,n,,,,,,,,t,,,,,,,yyyyyyyyyyyyyy :mrgreen: hehehheeh not that im grassing ya up mind  :evil:

alan42

• Experienced Member
Sad People
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 14:20 »
i showed oeg for many years and loved every minute it was fasanating and adictive i loved going to the shows and would travel the country to show and buy new stock i met great people some real gentelmen and ladys. it was expensive and time consuming frustrating and at times sad(birds stolen) but worth it yes recomend yes pick your breed only one to start with and stick to it when you get that first roset for a bird you bread then you will want more.
good luck
alan

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Sad People
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 18:08 »
Steady Bodger, you know Aunty always catches up with you  :lol:

Six years on the naughty step for you  :wink:

Foxy

Sad People
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 22:41 »
Bodger, you are being rather naughty... Munty shame on you for egging him on :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

muntjac

Sad People
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 22:51 »
twernt me         ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  :wink:

xx
Any people out there that can help me with this

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

49 Replies
Last post February 24, 2009, 09:05
by RGManby
xx
problems people have had

Started by naturesparadise on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 09, 2008, 16:41
by babe
xx
Horrid People!!!

Started by slowef on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 26, 2007, 14:04
by WG.
xx
Why do people get ex-bats?

Started by woodburner on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post June 30, 2008, 20:03
by lindamary

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 36 queries.