What is this?

• 17 Replies

gobs

What is this?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 21:20 »
Quote from: "Nikkithefoot"
Ok chaps and chapesses, my apologies for the delay in getting the answer, but been extreeeeeeeemly busy this week.

Its official......... it is some kind of squash / pumpkin. Here are a couple of pictures

It was very hard to cut, smells similar to a cut buttenut squash, and is obviously not ripe.

What I can't understand is that it was planted inside a greenhouse (coz I was told it was a watermelon), six weeks before my own pumpkins got planted outside, got watered daily along with the Tomatoes, fed weekly and is still not ripe!! The pumpkins which were outside got no extra water or feed (other than that which mother nature gave them), attained a size about 1" smaller radius than this critter, and turned orange by the middle of September. Can anyone explain this?

Nikki

Any prizes for guessing right?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, depending on variety they have dif ripening time frames.Ready 90-120 days of planting out sort of thing. Note range! :wink:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Nikkithefoot

What is this?
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 21:31 »
Well done gobs, I understand the different ripening times, but this was planted 6weeks (42 days approx) before and picked about 4ish weeks (28days) after my outside pumpkins. Thats the bit that is confusing me. Still I s'pose gardening is like that, always throwing up strange happenings.

Moral of this story?

Don't believe what you are told about plants!
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

gobs

What is this?
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 22:08 »
Yeah, but then there was no summer, not where I am anyway. :wink:

Page created in 0.44 seconds with 36 queries.