Hi I am new

• 3 Replies

colinmcq

Hi I am new
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:54 »
Hi Every one I am Colin I have recently attained an allotment and boy you should have seen the state of it I have some Photos of it when I started digging last year I got the garden at the end of may so I got it late but managed to put some potatoes in there as well as cabbage and leeks and other stuff, even though I was late I did manage to get a lot out the garden.

After getting the main weeds out and burned the big problem was the seeds that the weeds had dropped it felt like at first a losing battle I planted some Carrot seeds and I couldn't see the plant-lets for the weeds so I just kept to the crops that I had planted and kept hoeing like mad all over the garden on a weekly basis some times daily, I bet the other gardeners thought I was nuts but you want to see it now no weeds all the perenial weeds gone just normal stuff now the hard work has paid off.. can you add photos here I would love to show people what the garden was like as the weeds was over 4foof high the length and breadth of the garden LOL...

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Re: Hi I am new
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01 »
Hi Colin and welcome

Sounds like you have made  a  good start there - well done  :D

Please would you click on your profile and add where you are, as this will help with more accurate reponses?

Be good to share some of your photos, too  :)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:02 »
Hi Colin - instructions on how to add photos to your post if you follow this link:

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.msg100026#msg100026
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 11:44 »
We like photo's post them up.
Thanks
Kris

Page created in 0.446 seconds with 38 queries.