MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2012
« Reply #360 on: February 26, 2012, 07:15 »
I dug.

I shall not be able to move tomorrow.

Or the day after that.

Oh well, it looks nice!  :lol:

Me too!  It was such nice sunny weather that I got a bit carried away. ::) I did have a little bonus of some leeks and a cabbage to make it worth my while though. :D

Kim50

« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2012, 11:47 »
Nothing this week as recreated home pond, but last week, dug in green manure and relined the lottie pond with help...I need a week off to get really started.. :tongue2:

grendel

« Reply #362 on: February 26, 2012, 12:03 »
picked up a freecycle hand mower for doing my paths, now just to get it adjusted and working, that and refurbing a pushbike to do the trip to the plot and a bike trailer from an old kids bike and I will no longer have to use my car to go to the allotment.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
« Reply #363 on: February 26, 2012, 13:00 »
Moved two raised beds, moved some plants around, dug some more and weeded. I am officially shattered. Back home, i am about to clear my table in the conservatory and get everything ready for seed planting for this season. I might need a nap afterwards.  :wacko:

Mysteik79

« Reply #364 on: February 26, 2012, 14:42 »
OH did some more digging whilst I started making progress putting up a fence to keep the rabbits out. Then we started building a raised bed for our little girl and we decided to move the compost bin to a more suited place rather than trapse across the entire plot to use it  >:(
Oh and spent some time relaxing in the sun contemplating the plot  :)

allotment-bill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #365 on: February 26, 2012, 17:31 »
put a spring coating on raised beds on second plot so the little ones wont moan at granddad anymore all look nice and clean and fresh now, :D
hoed between onion's and some work in the greenhouse that was the good part of day till getting ready to leave then tripped on something left on the path by my next plot neighbour came down like a sack of spud's   :wacko: as they say now leg had operation on hurts like hell  :( :(,but hey ho plot's look really good . ::)
keep allotments alive grow your own

AnneB

« Reply #366 on: February 26, 2012, 17:33 »
Should have done this some time ago, but for various reasons did not get round to it.  So up to the stables to collect some of their free horse manure.  Got a lovely supply of really well rotted stuff with straw.  Spread it on the raised beds apart from those with the overwintering onions, garlic, shallots and leeks in and the bed for the root veg.   Hopefully this should be OK and lateness of application won't be too much of a problem.  

Plot 6B

• NRAA Website
« Reply #367 on: February 26, 2012, 17:59 »
Plot 6B,
The Asparagus Bed is now in- situ and filled with a mixture of compost and soil.
Planted twenty shallots and moved Basil the Scarecrow to a new position with a new stake. Trimmed the edges of the plot and it now looks a lot better after the winter layoff.

Plot 20,
Finally finished the Fruit Support and dug out the last of the Swedes which had started to rot.
The fruits of success come from hard work!
A.K.A. Nige2plots

Mafro

• The Bushcraft Magazine
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2012, 18:45 »
Picked up 2 big rhino tubs full of well rotted horse manure, and added it with a layer of straw to the compost pile.  We be adding this to the plot when its all dug over.
Bushcraft & Mushroom Mad

upert

• Experienced Member
« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2012, 19:53 »
as site secretary i went to the allotment but didn't get even on my plot, this is the lot of allotment secretaries so think of them next time you're enjoying you allotment gardening.

carlrmj

• Joint Winner - Tallest Sunflower 2012
« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2012, 20:01 »

Sowed Bunyards exhibition and Imperial longpod broad beans.

Also planted  Red Baron and  stuttgarter onions and shallots.

SPUDMIESTER

• Life is too short to be stuck inside!
« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2012, 20:05 »
 ??? Spent all weekend with me rotovating and the missus raking the beds(all 9 of them @ 6ft wide and full 5m width) Wont be able to get out of bed tomorrow morning for work ........hopefully.Still good job done, growmore added to the beds - just need to weather them in prior to sowing and planting up time soon . the old boy popped down too and started to paint the poles for the fruit cage.

Meik

« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2012, 21:56 »
Sunday:

Dug over one of my beds and put in some onions and garlic, then moved a water barrel and put a new one in ( prepping for when the hose pipes are banned ) , then put down some mulch / bark to define paths and hopefully keep them weed free.  Put the carpet from the bed across an over grown part to kill off the grass..  That's about it.

jrko

« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2012, 22:39 »
More digging in the sunshine - Yay!!  Laid a couple more slabs in my path.  On mud only as they are unbelievably heavy. (I only got 16 in my car before it was on the bump stops)

Saw a 2 couples at their plots too so might not be alone when I go up there as I have been in recent weeks.

Planned where to put my pollinator friendly plants and agreed to sow a wild meadow mix along the shared boarder with my neighbour.  Helped them thin/coppice the hazel that grows on our boarder.

I also shared the joy of building your own shed from recycled materials with a new and very enthusiastic couple who have taken over a disused plot recently.  Convinced then not to cough up £250 and make one exactly as they want/need all the while saving 'rubbish' from the tip.   
Hello.  My name is James, the builder of Evil Shed mkII and The Greenhouse of Doom.  Please enjoy the madness of my Plot Diary here:
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=107298.0

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #374 on: February 26, 2012, 22:41 »
Been really busy... I dug and dug and dug... and barrower and barrowed and barrowed...

Dug the pile heaped of soil and dumped in the lower section of the plot - cant work out why there was a pile of soil there!!

Dug and prepared the new garlic bed. Took my pre-planted garlic to the plot and got them all planted - 4 rows, 104 plants... maybe a few toooo many?

Covered the IBC storage tank with a builders bag to stop the inside going green..
IMG_0282_rs.jpg
IMG_0282_rs.jpg
IMG_0288_rs.jpg
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... 2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..

xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today 2023

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

158 Replies
Last post December 30, 2023, 00:26
by Subversive_plot
xx
What I did on the plot today 2018

Started by robinahood on Grow Your Own

355 Replies
Last post December 26, 2018, 17:48
by Offwego

Page created in 0.338 seconds with 37 queries.