Help Please.

• 3 Replies

jo.power

Help Please.
« on: October 07, 2007, 15:50 »
As usual I'm here wanting more advice.  On me plot I have a blackberry bush that is over running into my gooseberry bushes and into the ruhbarb and asparagus and into the bliking blackcurrent bushes too.  It seems to be coming to the end of fruiting and I need to know when I should cut it back.  Also how far do you go when cutting it back.  All my fruit bushes need cutting back or pruning but not sure when or what to do have cut my raspberries back but still stuck.  Thank you for all your help.

muntjac

Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 16:01 »
cut them all back but leave the asparagus till spring .the rest can be cut back to some shape with a gap inbetween .seems a,little harsh but you ned to sort them into thier own bit .they will come afresh next year . the gooseberry can be formed into a nice open bush ,and the rhubarb will die back anyways , the black curant can be taken back to a few stems on each root base .
still alive /............

jo.power

Help Please.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 16:03 »
Ta muchly thats the job for this week then

agapanthus

Help Please.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 16:33 »
If you want to keep the blackberry, then keep all this years' growth....train onto wires and posts....and cut back hard the old growth :)

Page created in 0.401 seconds with 36 queries.