the poultry registraion scheme ...

• 17 Replies

muntjac

« on: October 03, 2007, 20:42 »
con i have been taken in to

now as some of you know i was in the area that avian flu took hold off last year  i followed the rules about it even tho these assholes walked onto my property without following any of the bio hazrd procedures .i registered my flock . now when i took part in this i was told this was voluntary .i didnt mind as it was going to be for the good of the whole nations flocks .now today i got my new forms for reregistering  the flock evey person has to do this on a yearly basis so they can keep upto date ..... wellll guess what it is now a legal requirement . so i called the number on the form for clarification on the " legal requirement " bit ... so it went kinda like this ......... why is it i joined a voluntary scheme at its outset and now it is a legal requirment to complete this form and return it with the details of my birds ? ........... when i was not informed by the dept as it going to be a legal demand that i comply .....

oh its been a legal requirement from march

........ SO WHY THE FFFFFFFFF DIDNT ANYBODY TELL EM  i asked politly .i hasnt been publicised on tv or anywhere else  u havent sent me any letters about anything since i signed up ..

we didnt think it mattered ........

youuuuuuuffffffffffffffffffffff what .... you are playing with the nations flocks and you make it a legal requirment to comply and you dont tell anybody . u have to be ffffffffffff joking ........ ok so what are the penalties for not complying with this .because for you to say it is a legal document you have to have penalties for not complying .ie fines or imprisonment or destruction or seisure of the birds ..........

oh we wont do anything like that .....

i called you lot a bunch of wankers when your blokes came to check my birds last year and didnt even wash ur frikin hands now ur telling me all this dodo .. what planet are you lot from .... i am now withdrawing my consent which i gave voluntarily  last year and if any of your bods come to my property be prepared for a kick up tha bum ......

but sir  can we ...........buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 no wonder this country is the laffing stock of the world when it comes to animal controls .we get bse brought in by foreign beef and imports ,we have govt labs releasing it again. bernard f mathews lets the flu out in his place and breaks the backs of bird farms all around him and he gets compensation and the small farmers dont ............ what a way to protect us
still alive /............

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 21:23 »
erk!  :?

So I have 3 hens, am I going to have to register them too?

Am going to have a look at the DEFRA site now to see if there's any more info.  

Thanks for that Munty,  didn't know anything about this and, as you said, no one told us!!!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 21:27 »
I think it's only for flocks of over 50 birds Suzi.  Munty will correct me if that's wrong.

muntjac

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 21:28 »
u dont have to register suzi  not enough birds .. 50 is the minimum before registering is req  :wink:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 22:10 »
We got our papers today too, and OH said the same thing as you Munty!  Last year it was a voluntary thing so they could keep track of all the flocks, but now its a legal requirement???????

No one told us either!

blooming Govt departments.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 22:14 »
How will the keepers with 50 or more bird and who didn't register voluntarily know they are now breaking the law  :?:

muntjac

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 22:15 »
cos they have crystal balls anty  :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 22:16 »
Munty ... :roll:

muntjac

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 22:17 »
wel how else .... gypsy rose lee is dead  lolo

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 22:18 »
:lol:

chickychick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 19:38 »
naa theyre gonna have spotter planes circling all over the country looking for rougue flocks of contraband chickens..course the chickens from now on will be dressed in little camoflage outfits, so they will have thier work cut out to spot em, but hey they will probably have chicken sensors and stuff so there will be no messing with the new governement chicken spotters....
eee think I will just have 49 chickens then  :roll:
or
I will have 49 and my hubby will have 49 too and they will be in seperate pens and of course the two kids will have ..........
sheesh
ok so I know its a daft question but Im cute ......

muntjac

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 19:45 »
now ur just being silly .............. they wont have any of that they gonna have secret spy chickens and infiltrate the flocks with them they gonna have tiny cameras and cluckafones to report back to coop HQ in eggham in surrey  :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 19:46 »
I think you've been posting on this forum too long chickychick (you've caught mad forumers disease)   :wink:  :lol:

Trillium

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 19:57 »
Don't laugh, Munty, but gov'ts will stoop to very low levels to get more money. Over here, gov't planes fly over rural areas every summer taking pix of every farm and lot to see if there is enough veg crops growing or poultry keeping that might not be claimed on income tax forms. If they feel you've held back, they sock you with a huge reduction in your claims and it costs a lot of money to get any judgements reversed if they were in the wrong. Puts a whole new meaning to 'spy (be)ware'.

muntjac

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 20:02 »
same in oakridge knoxvile in tenn  we hada  few toms eggs plants for sale at the gate and we had every blooming govt agency come n check us out ....... food standards ,councils  farm associatioon. we was robbing thier childrens futures ........... you can guess what i told em .......number 4 and multiply came into thier vocabulary  :lol:  :lol:

xx
Poultry Spice, Poultry Zest, Garlic, Apple Vinegar, Verm-X, Liquid Tonic etcc

Started by OpiumEater on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 09:28
by Kenilworth
xx
The joy of poultry

Started by kizza on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post December 19, 2006, 11:42
by Huswyf
xx
Poultry ark

Started by Fluff on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 25, 2008, 20:04
by Andy J
xx
poultry spice

Started by mercury on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post January 12, 2007, 23:07
by muntjac

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 36 queries.