Just saying Hello Again

• 7 Replies

Flowerpower136

Just saying Hello Again
« on: November 05, 2011, 15:23 »
Hello everyone!  Remember me?

Haven't been on here for too long, and so much has happened since.  We've moved house for a start. 

Have a terrible confession though, I am now completely chookless.  :ohmy:

When we were faced with the move from Lancashire to Pembrokeshire we only had 2 of my original 8 ex batts left.  The plan was to relocate with them, but the lovely lady who bought our house wanted chooks (was delighted with ready made set up), so in the end I agreed to her adopting them.

We've not rechooked, and not sure if I'm going to, as it's a terrible place for foxes.  >:(

Tut, didn't think about that when house hunting. :( I have tracked down some chooks in the village and they have to the whole kit and caboodle in terms of fox protection.  So, for now at least, I'm just making do with an odd visit to see them, and their neighbours a herd of Angora goats.  (Cute but smelly :wacko:).  Plus we're just 15 mins walk from coastal path, so have seals etc to distract me.

Just going to have a read of posts and see who's doing what, and who's still here.
Lovely to be here again!

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
Re: Just saying Hello Again
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 17:31 »
Heeelllllllllloooooooooooooooooooo  :D

Nice to see you back!  Theres still alot of the old faces lurking about! 

It sounds like your move has gone well which is always good. 

Kick back relax and unwind, theres nothing like a bit of a chat  ;)

aggers

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 21:24 »
I get the feeling that you are missing keeping chooks,and it's probably just a matter of time.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 21:33 by joyfull »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 21:45 »
Hi flowerpower good to see you again

Staffies are softer than you think.

bantam novice

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 09:21 »
Good to hear from you again :)
Your new home sounds lovely.
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 19:48 »
Did not know you from before but welcome back.  I have relatives in Pembrokeshire near St. Ishmaels and my parents recently moved back up north after living in Tiers Cross for about 8 years.  It is a lovely part of the country and the costal paths are amazing.  The little coves are well worth a visit even though you usually have a large decent to get to them.  We have been sun bathing and in the sea in November there before as they are really sheltered.  One of our favourite and quiet coves is Lindsway Bay, take a look.

www.pembrokeshirephotos.eu/Beaches/Lindsway-Bay/16118178_xmmTjj#1041206547_LNnLm

My parents did say that their neighbours lost hens to the local fox so that would have to be your main priority.  Hope that you are able to restock in the new year.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Beano

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:20 »
Welcome to Wales.  Hope you manage to sort out some chooks soon.
El.

evie2

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 20:18 »
Hello stranger, welcome back Wales is so beautiful, pity about the foxes :( but at least it gives you time to plan for your new hens :D
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 37 queries.