red mite despair..thinking about an Eglu

• 4 Replies

Silkysmooth

red mite despair..thinking about an Eglu
« on: October 25, 2011, 20:29 »
Hi All,

So I've tried and tried and tried EVERYTHING for red stinking mite and I am seriously thinking of burning the coop. I am seriously considering an Eglu from omlet, yes I know they are expensive but they look easy to take down and eliminate mites from. Is this the case? do they require just as much effort? are they worth the money? I just want rid of the mites and if they are present, to make the coop spotless fast and easy.

Many thanks in advance!

Andy

compostqueen

Re: red mite despair..thinking about an Eglu
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:26 »
There is a lot of information on here about Eglu's, so I'd take time to read everything that's been said here on the subject

I had one and found it to be faultless. No red mite ever!  My girls are now in the great Eglu in the sky but I managed to sell mine for a good price on ebay  :D  They hold their price extremely well. You could buy one from there or they sell them second hand on Omlet website (they are the makers)  The Omlet website is fab and they have a forum as well and a gallery so you can see all the various set ups. There are set up pics on here too  :)

Skywise

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 15:18 »
I've got a plastic coop from Green Frog which is absoolutely brilliant - very easy to move, take apart and power wash down.

The girls seem to like it as well  :lol:

I've only had it about a month but so far so good.

janren

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 18:17 »
My daughter has an eglu cube for her large fowl and I have an eglu go for my bantam hens.  They are brilliant - really easy to keep clean and free of mites and the hens seem to love them too.  They were excellent in the freezing weather last winter.  We put our wooden hen coop and run in a skip last summer as we couldn't get rid of red mite and hens were anaemic - never looked back.

viettaclark

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 23:25 »
If you can afford it, go for it!!
I've got a cube which I bought because the wooden coop was red mite paradise. I just powder some Diatom round inside and I haven't had any problems for 3 years now........

xx
Can you get red mite in an eglu?

Started by KathyH on The Hen House

25 Replies
Last post August 20, 2008, 15:55
by Yolky
xx
Red Mite in Eglu!!!

Started by violet on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 04, 2009, 13:00
by sloworm
xx
Thinking of red mite!

Started by rcandy2001 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post February 10, 2009, 19:26
by Rhode Runner
xx
Red Mite in my Eglu Cube

Started by cejx on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 23:21
by viettaclark

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 36 queries.