Mountfield M1 Estate rotovator

• 3 Replies

montygti

Mountfield M1 Estate rotovator
« on: October 16, 2011, 12:21 »
I have a mountfield rotavator with a briggs and stratton 130902-0388-01 engine. The connecting rod on the inside blew apart and has caused alot of damage. Parts alone will cost £75. What i was considering doing was putting a newer type engine on but not sure whether this is possible. There are some cheap engine on ebay but would anyone be able to reccomend any or give me some advise on whether it can be done.
Many thanks
Martin

Gwiz

Re: Mountfield M1 Estate rotovator
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 13:52 »
There's no problem fitting a replacement engine providing you make sure that it is of the same spec as the original. You should be able to get the specs for your engine on the Internet (try Briggs and Stratton themselves)
A lot of people have trouble when they fit a Larger engine as the framework starts to crack under the increased vibration and load. You need to make sure that the crankshaft is the same diameter/ length/ type, and that the mounting holes will match up.
I wouldn't usually recommend one of the "El Cheapo" Chinese engines, but seeing as most rotavators don't get a lot of excessive use, you ought to be OK, or you could source a new Briggs :)

DavidR

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 21:46 »
I know this is many years ago, but just wondered if you managed to find a replacement engine.  I've also got a Mountfield Rotavator with same engine but can't find the spec to get a replacement.

jezza

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 15:57 »
Hello the model type and code should be on the cowling ,try Briggs bits it owned by Briggs andStratton it'll show you were to find the identification info on the engine and the correct re0lacement engine  jezza

xx
Mountfield M1 Rotovator

Started by rossco on Equipment Shed

28 Replies
Last post February 13, 2011, 21:17
by muckshifter
xx
Mountfield M1 Rotovator

Started by Glosterboy on Equipment Shed

41 Replies
Last post June 11, 2012, 19:14
by grendel
xx
Old Mountfield rotovator

Started by toastedcrumpet on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post October 22, 2012, 17:08
by toastedcrumpet
xx
Mountfield Rotovator M1 Gardener

Started by matthew2riches on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post January 19, 2009, 17:31
by matthew2riches

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 38 queries.