I'm new here (failed inspection!!! passed second one but still.... HELP...)

• 47 Replies

Growster...

Hiyaaah KC,

It is the empty cluster of grey and empty sheds directly opposite the entrance to Gasworks Road, on the bend. I believe it was part of a bigger development. Homebase is just a few yards further West, as can be seen as 'A' on the link here!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=homebase+reading&hl=en&ll=51.456066,-0.958192&spn=0.007394,0.013797&fb=1&gl=uk&sqi=2&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=6

Of course, I didn't expect you'd want to go there, please don't on my account and don't cause yourself any expense - its just that we were asked some time ago to see if there was scope to redevelop the site into something more useful than a load of empty sheds!

I have this awful habit of mentioning sites we're looking at to others, and can't resist asking the 'local knowledge'...

It also happened once when I wanted some info in Hatfield, it turned out that the lady I asked actually lived in Italy...;0)

Janeymiddlewife

Hiyaaah KC,

It is the empty cluster of grey and empty sheds directly opposite the entrance to Gasworks Road, on the bend. I believe it was part of a bigger development. Homebase is just a few yards further West, as can be seen as 'A' on the link here!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=homebase+reading&hl=en&ll=51.456066,-0.958192&spn=0.007394,0.013797&fb=1&gl=uk&sqi=2&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=6

Of course, I didn't expect you'd want to go there, please don't on my account and don't cause yourself any expense - its just that we were asked some time ago to see if there

was scope to redevelop the site into something more useful than a load of empty sheds!

I have this awful habit of mentioning sites we're looking at to others, and can't resist asking the 'local knowledge'...

It also happened once when I wanted some info in Hatfield, it turned out that the lady I asked actually lived in Italy...;0)

Hi Growster - Haven't been down there for a fair while, but have to pick up DD from Reading station tomorrow night, so if Sunny doesn't know I'll do a quick divvy on the way home and see if they're still there. Some units on the retail park were vacant (sign of the times), and there's been a lot of swanky riverside development going on, so not sure but I'll let ya know (if I remember). Are you a loaded property magnate then?   :)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
Haven't been down that end of Gasworks Road since they closed Blakes Lock Museum  :ohmy:

As Janey said, lots of posh stuff gone on around there in more recent times.

See what she finds out, as I am at the Berkshire show this weekend.

I can always check it out another time if you like.
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Growster...

Janey, that is so very kind of you, and KC, the Berkshire Show definitely comes before Growster's wanderings...!

And no, property magnate I am not I'm afraid, except that we work putting sites together for hotels and the like, and our business, having been failed by the banks and politicians like almost everyone of course, is dire, and will be until the recession lifts - when I should have retired buit never can now. But we can't stop can we!

So, Growster works from home most days, gets out and about a couple of times a week, and after a day staring at a screen, emailing and having a sore ear from phoning everyone, it's down to the Plot and the Patch, for an hour to dig and dig and dig...

Good therapy that!

Kenavon Rd, past Homebase before the bends at the end, was a site we looked at a couple of years ago, and Reading is a thriving town with great potential still. That station area just buzzes for us, (unless you happen to park near the Pru building, when you'll get nicked, drawn, quartered and fined...)!

Please if it's no hassle, then fine, I'd be delighted to know if there's a board up there!

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
We seem to have hijacked this thread --- sorry  :)

Growster...

Oh heck - we have too KC!

I am so sorry Foxy, it won't happen again!

It's all down to a bit of exuberance I assure you!

I'm off to eat worms as a penance...

foxknocker

(don't worry about hijacking the thread just don't steal my spuds :)  :tongue2: )

Hi Operabunny I have a similar problem with bind weed being under things, its coming from all sides and I am trying to get at it but then fell behind so its rampant again, I did some clearing up today, theres no bind weed in my raised beds thankfully and only a bit of horses tale.. so they were quite easy, thats what I'm trying to do see, make a series of beds once the soil is good enough in each area, started outside of one of the beds, got some turf up then arrrgh bind weed roots everywhere, but I'll get there I hope. :) :) It sounds like you're doing the right thing OB.

Oh yes I know, not to believe twitter, the news, government, mother.... etc..  :D but I dunno, I was pulling out huge clumps of weeds today and finding spiders nests and moths and I would miss that sort of thing, the hard work is nice anyway, just HARD...

Im only going to use the plastic temporarily except on one of my paths which I'm going to put gravel on. I REALLY want a full and growing plot, but for the moment its digging.

foxknocker

Its going okay I think...  :)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty

Oh yes I know, not to believe twitter, the news, government, mother.... etc.. 

:ohmy:  Always believe your mother (and Aunty)  ;)

Springlands

Oh yes I know, not to believe twitter, the news, government, mother.... etc.. 

:ohmy:  Always believe your mother (and Aunty)  ;)

Especially Aunty  ;) ;)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
 :lol: :lol: :lol: Brownie points for you Springlands. ;)

Springlands

:lol: :lol: :lol: Brownie points for you Springlands. ;)

Building points to stay off the norty step.  :lol: :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
I've not had to sit anyone on the norty step for ages - everyone is so well behaved now  ::) :lol:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
I've not had to sit anyone on the norty step for ages - everyone is so well behaved now  ::) :lol:

Notice those lovely apologies from Sunny and Growster  :D :D

Very well behaved  :nowink:

and the special comments from Springlands  :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 19:15 by sunshineband »

Growster...

Mrs Growster and I made about a gallon of pure veg soup yesterday, so I'm not sure that I'd be able to sit for too long on any step, be it concrete, or whatever...

Can I stand up instead please...?

xx
site inspection

Started by BobandJack on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 07, 2009, 09:02
by BobandJack
xx
Help - Inspection in 2 week

Started by Arcky on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post May 26, 2015, 13:31
by mjg000
xx
Today's the day for carrot inspection...

Started by Growster... on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post October 01, 2012, 14:44
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Passed their sow by date

Started by hendreary on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post March 21, 2010, 10:46
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.485 seconds with 37 queries.