mite problem

• 16 Replies

crh75

Re: mite problem
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 15:18 »
I use Net-Tex Total Mite Killer. It seems to have done the trick but did need repeated applications over a period of a few weeks.

kirstie1978

Re: mite problem
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 08:08 »
I am glad to see I'm not the only one pulling their hair out. £30 later and the spray can of duramitex finished already, second batch of DE and then the bottle of barrier redmite powder for the chickens....and I still have the little blighters over a month on! There is no bedding in the coop apart from a layer of DE now, all holes filled second time round with a cement like mixture of DE. I only have 2 bantams too!!
I have put them on added supplements since finding a massive ball of the mites at the beginning! Over an inch thick hidden under their sawdust...only took 2 days to generate! Anyone would have thought I'd left it years with the amount found! Since then their numbers are reduced but every day there's still a fair few to be found.
Since still being off work since the car accident and with a damaged shoulder this is proving incredibly difficult for me to keep doing. Both physically and financially so I'm getting concerned.
Does anyone know the best (ie cheapest) place to get the duramitex spray. I am not sure if that's the same as the poultry shield? I just am at my wits end but don't want to let my girls suffer or let them have to go to another home.
Ive noticed on and off more frequently an increase in watery loose poop is that likely to be caused by redmite? Or just something I've only got worried about since finding them?! Any help would be welcomed
Thanks
Kirstie

xx
Really nasty mite problem

Started by bedifferent on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 05, 2009, 15:28
by grumpydad
xx
Update on my red mite problem .....

Started by Kym503 on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post August 16, 2010, 13:45
by Kym503
xx
Feather/mite problem.

Started by minniebantam on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 16, 2010, 20:49
by minniebantam
xx
Please not another problem for me to deal with, red mite?

Started by becksi on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 04, 2009, 23:26
by becksi

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 36 queries.