STOLEN

• 26 Replies

operabunny

• Experienced Member
Re: STOLEN
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 22:01 »
Found someone at my raspberries the other day. "Thanks for collecting my raspberries for me. I'll take them now." They tried to claim they didn't know they were mine - but they certainly knew they weren't theirs! Haven't seen them since, thank goodness.

A. Fallowfield

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 22:19 »
On our plots damsons, broad beans, pears, even water from other peoples butts! :mad:

BabbyAnn

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 04:50 »
I've had some of my raised beds dismantled and the wood taken   >:( 

mike1987

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 07:53 »
had onions walk the canes from my peas and toms go missing barbed wire off my fence stolen wood and tin sheets have gone aswell what makes it worse is that its another plot holder doing the stealing altho we cant prove it it was amazeing that it all stopped when word got round what would happen to the culprit if caught

evie2

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 10:09 »
That's ridiculous Mike, some folk have no shame >:(
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

olde9856

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 10:33 »
Its nothing new, when I was a kid up in Co Durham the old miners used to kip at their allotments at this time of year, to protect their show leeks.
If they didnt do this the leeks used to get slashed overnight!!!! You would assume this was another grower who wanted to win so badly that they would stoop so low.

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 10:38 »
Its nothing new, when I was a kid up in Co Durham the old miners used to kip at their allotments at this time of year, to protect their show leeks.
If they didnt do this the leeks used to get slashed overnight!!!! You would assume this was another grower who wanted to win so badly that they would stoop so low.

The joys of competitive growing - bringing the best out of people!  :nowink:
I'm wondering what is going to happen with the ever increasing cost of the price of food.
Fortunately the younger generation don't even know what a swede is let alone how to cook it!  :D

unchained

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 11:26 »
Fortunately the younger generation don't even know what a swede is let alone how to cook it!  :D

Or what the tree looks like that they grow on! :D ::)

Bob

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 11:55 »
 :lol: :lol: :nowink:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 12:05 »

Or what the tree looks like that they grow on! :D ::)

Bob

Seriously; I asked the twenty year son of a friend to nip to the local shop to get a swede when I was cooking Sunday Lunch to be met with the response "What's a Swede?" Had to show him a picture on the internet!  :D

twilight

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 09:57 »
I also had the top of my hosepipe stolen.  At the same time that my one and only cucumber was also taken.  Was beginning to think some-one had something against me.  Why would some-one steal the top of a hosepipe?  They only cost a pound or so from Wilkinsons.  Was really miffed about the cucumber as planted 3 plants, two died and the other one only had the one cucumber that was stolen.

WendysLot

• Healing Beads
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 12:53 »
Thats terrible, so sorry to hear that.

I have only had my plot 2 months but I am worried already and I have nothing growing yet!  I think a fence might help make it more difficult for someone to just wander over and help themselves.

Wendy

xx
stolen pansys

Started by stewartcjones on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post March 20, 2008, 09:31
by tallulah
sad
Stolen Strawberries

Started by Potty Plotty Lotty on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post July 13, 2013, 18:14
by AnnieB

Page created in 0.5 seconds with 37 queries.