Tomberries

• 10 Replies

debih

• Experienced Member
Tomberries
« on: September 04, 2011, 15:44 »
Does anyone know where I can buy tomberry seeds.

Sainsburys were selling the actual tomberries and they were gorgeous.  I didn't think to save any of the seeds from the toms that we bought and they don't sell them in our local store.

Just wondered if anyone had ever seen any of the seeds on sale anywhere.

This is the info that Sainsburys had when they launched them, just in case you don't know what on earth I am on about!

http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/index.asp?PageID=419&section=&Year=2008&NewsID=1033
I always find that work gets in the way of life.

starry

Re: Tomberries
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 16:15 »
Hi unwins do a tomato berry I dont know if that's the same thing  :)
some people are like slinkys......they're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face as you push them down the stairs!!

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 16:18 »
Yes it appears, to me anyway, that a Google search on "tomato berry" brings up many likely looking results.  :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

debih

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 16:58 »
Thanks. 

I will go take a look.   We loved them but they were so expensive to buy - £2.99 for a tiny little punnet. 

Potty Plotty Lotty

• https://thelazyallotmenteer.wordpress.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 21:52 »
Plants of distinction is also an option:

http://www.plantsofdistinction.co.uk/acatalog/New_Vegetable_Seeds_TOMATO.html

The website suggests that they are early too (60 days from transplanting) which is attractive if like me your tomatoes are mainly green at the moment!  >:(

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 21:58 »
Have a look at these as well, they're s'posed to be the size of a pea  :blink:
http://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/vegetable_seeds/tomato_seed_sweet_pea_currant/

Carol

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 00:38 »
I've been growing Suttons Tomato "Hundreds and Thousands" in hanging pouches this year - they are delicious and very prolific.  Need lots of watering though!  They look about the same size as the Tomberries.
Carol - aiming for organicness.

operabunny

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 06:50 »
I have 100s and 1000s in my hanging baskets with marigolds. Beautiful and delicious! I don't think any ever made it inside though as they are just too yummy to resist when you have picked a handful of sunwarmed little jewels. Not sure they're quite as tiny as tomberries, though.

MichelleC

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 11:24 »
Thompson and Morgan sell Tomato Berry Seeds. I've grown these this year and they are fab. They grow in the shape of a strawberry and the fastest to ripen amongst all my other varieties. I have three in the GH, one outside in a tub and one in a plastic green house. They've all done really well and continuing to do so. All my family and friends agree that this is the best tasting of the lot.  :D

debih

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 16:03 »
Thanks for your replies - that gives me loads to go on.

I think I am going to stick to smaller tomatoes next year - they are just so much more child friendly.   I am definitely going to do some hundreds and thousand in a hanging basket.  And I am going to try some of the strawberry shaped ones.

I think the ones that are the most like the ones from Sainsburys are the Sweet Pea ones that Victoriana Nursery Gardens are selling - I am getting my order in now!

starry

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 20:48 »
Hi debih I brought some tomberries today from my local sainsburys on your recommendation and they were gorgeous  ate the whole lot with my lunch time sandwich if you want me to buy you some and send them to you please let me know I can always squish them and send you the seeds  :)

xx
Tomberries anyone??

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 22:39
by Poolman

Page created in 0.486 seconds with 38 queries.