Whooppee eggs

• 2 Replies

gracie

• Experienced Member
Whooppee eggs
« on: August 26, 2011, 14:33 »
Can you believe I have had my girls since 6 days old and at 20 weeks one of them starts laying when I was on holiday. Obviously my friend had kept them content when I was away.
I find it incredible that considering none of the chickens have been in the nest boxes all the eggs have been laid in them. Of the first 4 eggs one was a double yolker.
Seems to be a bit more pecking going on since I hot home last night. Hope that soon stops, one even pecked at my son, though we had just got home and the fuss could have been a bit overwhelming for them.
When we got the chicks my friend had half and I had the others, it looks like our girls that are identical both started laying at the same time. Isn't nature incredible

Spacey

Re: Whooppee eggs
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 11:50 »
When we bought our first girls, my husband said he wanted a birthday cake made with thier eggs. The week of his birthday they started laying. I was so excited. I used to ask them every day could they please lay an egg!

Now we have the new ladies and I think we will have a bit of a wait. They are meant to be POL but the cream legbars look more likely to lay first. The bluebells don't have any comb yet to speak of. I still check for the eggs those, just in case ::)

Enjoy your eggs! Nothing like a dippy yolk and soldiers x

gracie

• Experienced Member
Re: Whooppee eggs
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 12:44 »
Very thoughtful for them to lay for your cake. We know who is laying as she is currently in the coop laying. The others are all sitting on the climbing frame a few feet away from her as if they know to give her privacy, usually they don't give each other any space at all

xx
How Many Eggs Do You Get A Day

Started by blackbelt on Chicken Chat

11 Replies
Last post October 24, 2011, 21:55
by Lindeggs
xx
First Eggs

Started by wildfowler4 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post March 23, 2011, 17:20
by joyfull
wireless
No eggs yet :( ??

Started by xhappychickx on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post July 13, 2011, 09:51
by ANHBUC
xx
Eggs

Started by Suzybat on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post January 18, 2012, 13:48
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 36 queries.