rust on raspberries

• 1 Replies

Grubbypaws

rust on raspberries
« on: August 22, 2011, 16:26 »
I have pruned my summer raspberries and tied in the healthiest canes but I there is still some rust.

Should I spray them?

If yes, can I use the fungicide I use on my ornamentals as I wont be eating anything now until next year or do I have to buy spray suitable for edible plants?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: rust on raspberries
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 16:57 »
I'd be very surprised if any fungicide would persist long enough to cause any problems in these circumstances, but I'm sure you would be equally surprised if I didn't advise you to always follow the instructions and warnings on all gardening chemicals.

More importantly, I'm not at all sure that any fungicides available to the home gardener will control it; you will have to do some more research and in the end maybe just hope that the improved air circulation after pruning will reduce the extent of the damage.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
rust

Started by kitch on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 25, 2014, 18:57
by Christine
clip
Rust

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 03, 2020, 23:20
by Ema
xx
rust!

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 10, 2014, 10:30
by jambop
clip
Rust?

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post August 23, 2020, 18:38
by Mr Dog

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 37 queries.