Rules and regulations

• 33 Replies

muntjac

Rules and regulations
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 22:02 »
Quote from: "nasturtium"
Well I think everyone should be given a chance to have a plot if they want one.  If they fail, then hand over to the next person on the waiting list.

Sorry Muntjac, we'll have to agree to differ on this one.

i agree with ya girl im not saying they shouldnt have a plot . but your statement penalises those who have more than 1 . why should someone who has spent years getting a plot workable then be thrown off it for some new person to take over all at the orders of a comittee....
still alive /............

sweet nasturtium

Rules and regulations
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 22:12 »
There's another thread about this, (don't know how to link) where they arranged it so that the rules changed to only allow waiting listers on first, but this only applied to new people, i.e. the old folks (like you perhaps?) not losing the plot (like me perhaps?).  I can understand if you've toiled for years and got everything just so, it wouldn't be fair to get turfed off.

muntjac

Rules and regulations
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 22:13 »
:wink:  :) ty

gobs

Rules and regulations
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 22:14 »
Well, actually, in our case, is not the committee, it is the guys with the plots filled up with weeds, lawn and bramble!
I go up to the guy and say what are going to do with this uncultivated garden, etc.
And then they shout about, that if you so much have a waiting list, guys with more than one garden, should give one up, etc. Really load of unpleasantness.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

muntjac

Rules and regulations
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 22:19 »
we dont have a commitee ,ours is parish council .and i have just got over a big row with them over this very subject  :lol:

see this

http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?t=7684&highlight=parish

• Experienced Member
Rules and regulations
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 22:21 »
I would love a plot (1/2 would be more then enough) but I think I would be laughed off the site  :(

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Rules and regulations
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 22:23 »
Our council must ACTUALLY be doing something right! They've allowed me to have 2.5 plots, we all get on & and an uncultivated plot soon gets passed on.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

gobs

Rules and regulations
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 22:50 »
Well, I read that with horror MJ, just that sort of hostility I'm dreading. Conmiserations, anyway,it got sorted ( by yourself). But still, what a pile of chit...One could be happily gardening instead!
But so it happens, there are laws about this, and everybody nowadays seems to have more rights, then responsibilities. And by law, there is no restriction as far as I'm aware, on how many gardens you can have, however, there are looad of  laws about it having to be kept cultivated, etc. to a painful and even out-of-date, illegal really nowadays,level.
On the other hand, the uncultivating tenant, threatens with the same ferocity as yourself did, which is based now on human rights convention, which was never a consideration when allotment law ad tenancy agreement was thought  out. So there!

muntjac

Rules and regulations
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 22:54 »
as you can se mine are not left uncultivated  :)

incidently this was all hand dug or in the process of doing so

sweet nasturtium

Rules and regulations
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 23:05 »
Phew! just read your thread with your Lady Muck troubles.  Goodness gracious me is all I can say.  Good thing you didn't have your shotgun(s) with you at the time.  I'm sure  it could have been very nasty.

But putting the plot in two people's names is also a good idea.  I've got a shared plot and if my sharer had not had me to cover she would have been kicked off a long time ago  :shock:
Occasionally she swans on and surveys the area, possibly getting a cuppa, before rushing off and telling me how busy she is!  :roll:

muntjac

Rules and regulations
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2007, 23:08 »
i wouldnt have used violence in any form .i was calm and collected all the way through until she started to give me verbal ,.,, then i just retaliated in kind .making my point .believe it or not i am a gentle person ..... ask those who know me .not unable to stand  up or  defend my own tho at any given moment and i dont need guns to do so   :)

this years growing season

gobs

Rules and regulations
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2007, 23:11 »
Oh I know, MJ that's not my point.
My point is this: 26 people on the waiting list - 35 gardens
2 overgrown plots - people who want to keep their gardens with the lip muscles for whatever unknown stupid reason
Not much i can do, than try to convince them to give it up, which they do not want to, bit frustrating...

sweet nasturtium

Rules and regulations
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2007, 23:23 »
gobs don't the council share lists?  I think they are starting to allow people to take up plots outside their borough here in London.

gobs

Rules and regulations
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2007, 23:33 »
ouOh, that's a laugh  you saying that, I was just thinking the other day, it's not long, that they start offering you plots on Craiggy Island or something :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
On the serious note, NONONONONO! ( previous also serious, seriously not funny), self- management ( which we have) is encouraged, does not cost council nought, but results in council have no blooming clue

Spinning Fishwife

Rules and regulations
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 09:19 »
I'm on our allotment committee. Every month in summer and every second month in winter we do a plot inspection after the committee meeting. It's not in any great detail, more standing at the end of the plot and having a wee discussion. If someone is ill or has personal difficulties they get a bit of leeway (the committee dug up my spuds for me when I was 9 months pregnant, for example!) but otherwise there are different letters that get sent out...the "weeds" letter or the "not under sufficient cultivation" letter. After that there is the "First Official Warning" letter, and if you need a second official warning letter that season then it's "You have 30 days notice to quit" letter.

Works for us, and we very rarely need that second letter. Incidentally we start all newcomers off on a half plot, with first dibs on the full plots being given to existing proven tenants. No-one would ever be given a second full plot...we've a seven year waiting list for plots on our allotment, and vacant plots go to them.

xx
P.Y.O regulations?

Started by fallen angel on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 21, 2010, 21:22
by digalotty
xx
Allotment rules

Started by Babstreefern on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post January 09, 2011, 17:17
by Totty
xx
Rules on your Lotty

Started by Heifer73 on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post September 21, 2007, 07:55
by crowndale
xx
Coriander rules ok

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post December 18, 2010, 14:08
by FERDY

Page created in 0.605 seconds with 37 queries.