Jasminum Officinale

• 18 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Jasminum Officinale
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 13:00 »
Most flower fertiliser have more potassium (potash) in their ratios, the same as Tomato fertiliser (av 14:10:27)
The ordinary Miracle gro all purpose has NPK of 15:13:12 so doesn't encourage flowers :(

On the labels the ratio is shown as NPK it's the last one that you need to be high, and a flower fertiliser will be probably be cheaper than a tomato one, but if tomato fert is what you have then use it  :)

Too late for flowers IMO :(

pepsi100

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 13:07 »
Most flower fertiliser have more potassium (potash) in their ratios, the same as Tomato fertiliser (av 14:10:27)
The ordinary Miracle gro all purpose has NPK of 15:13:12 so doesn't encourage flowers :(

On the labels the ratio is shown as NPK it's the last one that you need to be high, and a flower fertiliser will be probably be cheaper than a tomato one, but if tomato fert is what you have then use it  :)

Too late for flowers IMO :(

I didnt know all that, I just thought they were all the same

I dont have any tom fertilizwer but can always get some (is it worth feeding em with it now ?)

I got a handful of chilli plants as well, could I use that on them as well ?
It's all about the journey, not the destination

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 13:15 »
Yes, and yes :)

If you have one of those pound shops nearby they were selling small containers of tom fertiliser at a very reasonable price  :D

pepsi100

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 13:18 »
Yes, and yes :)

If you have one of those pound shops nearby they were selling small containers of tom fertiliser at a very reasonable price  :D

Thanks, I'll have a shufti  :)

(pound shops is all about we do have now  >:( )

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 38 queries.