Mice ate my beetroot!

• 2 Replies

Matthew Gayles

Mice ate my beetroot!
« on: August 05, 2011, 21:31 »
This is our first year on the allotment, i 'had' a lovely row of beetroot that i was looking forward to picking this week. I had noticed damage to my broad beans but wondered about bird damage ( not unexpected ). Now when i pulled my beetroot tonight all of the roots had been eaten! definatly tiny teeth marks on what was left. As you can understand we are absaloutly gutted. Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can keep my veg safe. Im not against traps but id like to try other methods first. What has worked for you?

NASH

• Experienced Member
  • I live in Cardiff
Re: Mice ate my beetroot!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 21:47 »
Guinea pigs ate mine.

cricketwidow

Re: Mice ate my beetroot!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 22:09 »
I had terrible trouble this year with mice they ate all my beetroot and my broad beans 3 times, I am now finding teeth marks in my tomatoes that are in the greenhouse, I did use traps in the end, but they say to try prickly plants around the base of the ones you don't want eaten, try it I did and it helped a little but not enough.  I don't know how they are getting in my greenhouse as there are no holes so I am baffled by this one. I also don't know if you can get mice scarers you seem to be able to get them for most animals, I have not checked this root but may have to before next season.

xx
Mice

Started by ang on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2006, 11:51
by ang
xx
@!*?&%! mice

Started by gregmcalister on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post April 11, 2008, 15:26
by vegmandan
xx
Is it Mice?

Started by diggerjoe on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 19, 2008, 11:34
by diggerjoe
xx
MICE !!!

Started by Sparkie on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 18, 2008, 11:48
by dereklane

Page created in 0.522 seconds with 36 queries.