seed catalogues

• 46 Replies

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
seed catalogues
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 22:30 »
Quote from: "flatcap"
shelle,

if you wait til nearer the time the lottie hut on our site sells seed pot (cheaper than t&m ) also onion ,shallot sets .they sell lots of stuff compost growmore etc members of the public welcome .

if you ever want to go there ,il give you directions and opening times

T & M - £3.69 for 20 Arran Pilot spuds plus £4.99 post = £8.68.
You cannot be serious!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

mkhenry

seed catalogues
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 22:46 »
Quote from: "Digger Dave"
Quote from: "mkhenry"

Also in many garden centres they are always selling off T&M seeds at 50% off, a sure sign that there is trouble afoot..

Our local garden centre do that every year.

There is a total diference between selling off unsold,out of season stock,or seeds on loss leaders,to selling off 1000s of packets across the country.
This is like a fire sale by a company with cash flow problems.
Its called chasing the dragon.They owe, they got to pay,They got all the money tied up in stock, they have got to sell it quickly.
They would have no need to reduce the seed by 50%, a reduction of even 20% would help them shift the stock.50% shows that it is a fire type sale.
These reductions probably coincide with there end of financial year and the need to massage the books just a little.
However time will tell.Normally a couple of years :wink:
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

pepper

• Experienced Member
seed catalogues
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 07:14 »
I've just received Marshall's and T&M catalogues too (though without the £5 voucher, I might add) and was amazed at the price of the potatoes and onion sets. I have just signed up for two lots of potatoes (Arran Pilot, Charlotte) and an onion set (Red Baron) at the allotment shop and the total altogether isn't as much as one pack of their potatoes.
What a bargain!
monica

David.

seed catalogues
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2007, 08:11 »
Quote from: "pepper"
I've just received Marshall's and T&M catalogues too (though without the £5 voucher, I might add)!

I spent ages thumbing through the T&M catalogue for my £5 voucher, without success.

Last year I used it to help pay for a multi-saver offer on tomato seeds, got another free packet packet of tomato seeds for ordering the others, and I think I may a got another free packet of seeds just for placing an order. I seem to recall I got about £12 'worth' of seeds of seeds for £2 after using the voucher.

However, it's the only time I've ordered from them in about 15 years as they charge so much.

And there's normally some deal on at  garden centres/Wilkos/Woolworths, etc., so I only buy just a few varieties of T&M seeds, even at half price (and make sure I also get that that free 'trial' pack for buying the others).

Best customer service I ever received was from Marshalls.

DD.

• Global Moderator
seed catalogues
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 08:25 »
T & M are still doing their on line offer of spend £10, get the most expensive packet free.

So if you fancy some expensive seed, (Such as Carmen cucumbers at £7.99 a packet!), you've only got to order just over another 2 quids worth, (But bear in mind P & P).

brucesgirl

seed catalogues
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2007, 08:35 »
I use T&M and other seed catalogues all the time, as I have no chance of ever getting to the shops you all mention, as I am always at work! I have no problem with paying a bit more as I would lose a lot more money by taking time off to cruise around the shops and garden centres.

We don't have an allotment shop, and I like to order my seed potatoes well in advance to get the variety I want.

So its horses for courses.

hermon

seed catalogues
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 10:20 »
i have had no trouble with t&m they are dear though for tatties/onions my allotment shop is a steal! always look for special deals with catalogues i think that is the name of the game, as for having 7000 carrot seeds none of mine came through actaully thats a lie they did come through then were eaten by slugs just like nearly all my other seeds!!! :x  :x

Sally A

seed catalogues
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2007, 20:05 »
Got my Marshalls today, and my T&M a couple of days back.

Sadly, I can't wait for bedtime when I can snuggle up with me seed catalogues, compare prices, and plan for next year.

Just wish Mr F would get a wiggle on, and maybe Suttons (but they're always late).

WG.

seed catalogues
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2007, 20:50 »
Quote from: "Sally A"
Sadly, I can't wait for bedtime when I can snuggle up with ... Just wish Mr F would get a wiggle on
Does Mr A know about Mr F?

DD.

• Global Moderator
seed catalogues
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2007, 21:19 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"
Quote from: "Sally A"
Sadly, I can't wait for bedtime when I can snuggle up with ... Just wish Mr F would get a wiggle on
Does Mr A know about Mr F?

Some people just open the door, don't they?

DD.

• Global Moderator
seed catalogues
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 21:22 »
Menage a troi with Thompson & Morgan next.

Think I'd better find another thread to post on before I get into real trouble here.

WG.

seed catalogues
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 21:23 »
Settle

Sally A

seed catalogues
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 21:28 »
More a menage a neuf by the time I get Doc Hessayon, Carol Klein and my two dogs onto the bed!

Mr A only dreams of competing with sowing/planting/harvesting/plot layout etc.

shaun

seed catalogues
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 21:32 »
:shock: carol klein in bed uuuurrrrggghh i would rather get in bed with munty :wink:  :lol:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

DD.

• Global Moderator
seed catalogues
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 21:38 »
Glad I left this thread.

xx
seed catalogues

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 22, 2009, 22:09
by neal
xx
Seed Catalogues

Started by FatGaz on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 27, 2007, 06:27
by FatGaz
xx
seed catalogues

Started by rowlandwells on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post December 30, 2017, 10:15
by sunshineband
xx
Seed catalogues

Started by Alec Powell on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post October 16, 2006, 11:04
by Alec Powell

Page created in 0.403 seconds with 36 queries.