adding new chucks

• 1 Replies

willyhorton

adding new chucks
« on: July 31, 2011, 17:51 »
hi guys,
we have 5 ex battery warrrens, but wanted to add to our flock, so we went out and got an 8 wk old bluebell and an 8 wk old sussex star hens, .. we have them in seperate penns, but they can still see each other throught the dividing chicken wire fence.. we just wanted some advice on at what age would it be best to put them in with the warrens. ?
also i have 2 pekin bantam chicks that are 4wks old, what age are they best to go outside.? would i be able to put them in with the bluebell and the sussex star that are already seperated from the warrens..
p.s also wanted to ask do all pekin bantams have fluffy hairy legs??? because we was told the 2 chicks mentioned above are pekin bantams but look so diffrent in colour and size but have been told they are from the same mother ?????
many thanks
simon
burtonwood
warrington
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 18:09 by willyhorton »

Anndee

• Experienced Member
Re: adding new chucks
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 19:43 »
Hi willyhorton.
I'm also new and I'm new to chickens as well!
We have aquired 2 Pekins which we think are 9 weeks old and they have been in their new house & run for 3 days now. tonight is their 4th night in it. Prior to that I was keeping them in a dog crate with a box and shavings in, in the garage during the night and letting them out into a made up pen for the day, unless it rained and then they were put back to bed in the garage. they see to be thriving, so I don't know if its right or wrong to let them be out at 8 weeks old but they seem happy enough. I'm sure someone with loads more experience than me will come along soon and put us right.  :wub:
I'm just waiting now to see if I've got boys, girls or one of each!!
anndee

xx
Adding bantams??

Started by vichope74 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 08:27
by vichope74
xx
Adding new chicken with others

Started by paulaben on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 19, 2011, 03:32
by mohs.ayaz
xx
Adding new hens

Started by rainbowspells on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post September 23, 2008, 12:12
by Jellyhead
xx
Adding to my flock

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2008, 12:14
by Shazzer

Page created in 0.361 seconds with 36 queries.