Oh no! Pattypans gone!

• 2 Replies

viettaclark

Oh no! Pattypans gone!
« on: June 27, 2011, 23:43 »
I have had a terrible year so far; whitefly, greenfly, mildew, flea beetle, too cold, too hot, too dry, too wet, crispy cucumbers, vanishing redcurrants (which were netted), unbeetrooty beetroots. :( :( :( List goes on but I won't bore you. Just waiting for blight now......
The slugs and snails were under control until the recent heavy rain which washed away the little blue pellets and I forgot to re-do them. Now the gnashing slimeys have come back with a vengeance and decimated my poor pattypans. The growing tip has partly gone on them so can they regrow?
If not would it be ok to plant more now? My other squash and courgettes aren't that big due to the weather so although the packet says April/May do you think they might catch up?
Just need some reassurance, please! I was really looking forward to eating them!!!

gobs

Re: Oh no! Pattypans gone!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 23:53 »
Chuck them in, yesterday, I would. They normally crop into winter. it's just that we pull them up sooner.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

viettaclark

Re: Oh no! Pattypans gone!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 15:11 »
They are now chucked in.......fingers crossed!  :nowink:

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 36 queries.