What can i plant this late ?

• 3 Replies

mylow54

What can i plant this late ?
« on: June 27, 2011, 20:40 »
Can someone advise me if i is to late to sow cauliflower seeds and also what else can i grow now as i have freed up some space where my new potatoes were ? I have plenty of cabbages planted and got the  usual salad products and carrots and beetroot.

radiohead

• Experienced Member
Re: What can i plant this late ?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 21:05 »
If you bought some courgette plants they would still have plenty of time.....Florence fennel seed can be sown now,you have to keep it well watered though,but you'll get nice fat bulbs come late summer/autumn.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 21:07 by radiohead »

gobs

Re: What can i plant this late ?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 21:50 »
Can someone advise me if i is to late to sow cauliflower seeds and also what else can i grow now as i have freed up some space where my new potatoes were ? I have plenty of cabbages planted and got the  usual salad products and carrots and beetroot.

You can happily sow caulis yet and just the right time for all sorts of over-wintering veg and outdoor sown summer herbs salads can go in, along with other fast and sow at regular intervals staples as carrots, lettuce peas. Still can throw a few beans in a pot.

There are faster growing varieties of a lot of plants, for example: broad beans - Witkiem Manita, calabrese/broccoli - el chicco. And beetroot, spinach, etc. Plenty to play with.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
to late to plant "late" potatos?

Started by mickeyboy on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post July 06, 2007, 20:53
by Beanzie
xx
Too late to plant....

Started by snooziebunny on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post June 05, 2014, 14:31
by beesrus
xx
Is it too late to plant...

Started by boybeck on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 23, 2009, 15:25
by sunshineband
xx
Is it too late to plant ..........

Started by Ma Lowe on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 24, 2010, 12:43
by titch

Page created in 0.97 seconds with 38 queries.