• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Price of eggs.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 13:57 »
Annies price is per dozen  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

timtheenchanteruk

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 14:46 »
Does anyone else in your area sell eggs privately like yourself ... check your competitors £1.50 per half dozen isn,t bad but its a big jump from your usual price .. like the earlier comments I,d raise the price to £1.20/£1.30 to keep your cutomers on side and still ,make a little for yourself towards feed costs , I,m in the North near Leeds and layers pellets here are £6.75 for a 20kg bag... how much are they in Oxfordshire??

Id go for the 1.20 for a couple of months, then add a bit more if needed.

andy and deb, I'm on the outskirts of leeds, near the airport where do you get your pellets, the cheapest I have found is 8.95, Ill travel a couple of miles for £2...

morrisons near sell "freerange" at 1.20 1/2doz Ive already got interest for my eggs, and they only started laying this week!!

Fisherman

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 22:11 »
I  can't see the point in selling them at a loss unless you are just looking to subsidise a hobby. Checked costs out at the local supermarket yesterday (as you do) and costs ranged from£1.40 - £2.00 per half dozen. From what I see on the news corn / feed is just going to increase dramatically over the next few moths. £1.50 per dozen may be cheap! Perhaps a little note explaining would help! I would gladly pay up to £2.00 for true free range eggs.

jobson336

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 23:11 »
hi,
i only sell mine for £1.50 a dozen, which i know is really cheap. i get about 2 1/2 dozen eggs a day or 17 dozen a week. i sell them all easily and would rather this than have mountains of eggs sitting around waiting to be sold. What i make on the eggs covers my food costs over the week so thats fine with me.
if the price of food keeps going up which im sure it will i will put the price upto £1.80 a dozen which im sure people will understand.

why dont you put a note out explaining that prices may have to go up and if you were to raise the price would people still pay?
 8)

andy and deb

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 23:28 »
Hi timtheenchanteruk I get the feed from selby , there is a store in the livestock auctioneers near selby carpets , they do layers pellets , mash and a corn and grit mix and they are all priced at 6.75 for a 20kg sack...bargain http://www.selbymart.co.uk/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 23:32 by andy and deb »

Newbiechicken keeper

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 14:36 »
Im in Oxford and I get all my Chicken needs catered for at Acorn Nurseries in Stadhampton,  a 20KG bag of layers pellets is £7, and they sell huge bags of bedding also for the same price.  Its a small family run poultry farm and nursery and they are so friendly. :)
1 Ginger Warren (Ginger), 1 Rhode Rock (Rocky), 1 Speckledy (Four Eyes), 1 Columbine (Blue), 2 cats (Jake & Ozzie), 2 kids and a hubby

Alison_T

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 06:57 »
Gosh, I'm really selling myself short - I sell half a dozen for 75p...no wonder they go like hot cakes!

VickyW

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 08:29 »
I buy my eggs from a farm a couple of miles from me and happily will pay £1.25 for 6, I take empty boxes back too, though now I' stocking up for my own eggs. I think £2 is a bit much but maybe I'm tight  :nowink:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 08:30 »
Annies price is per dozen  :)

OOOPS! Sorry missed that bit out!    £1.80 per Dozen!   :wub: :wub:

Raven81

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2011, 21:23 »
I just went to the shop and was absolutely shocked to find 6 eggs for £1.77!!!!  Before getting my hens I just got them with my shopping and didn't pay a lot of attention to the price!!! I wonder how much I pay for other things! :ohmy:
The glass is neither half empty or half full - it is simply the incorrect size! Find a new glass!

VickyW

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2011, 22:03 »
I worked out today that my ladies won't be at POL till Oct, so I'll be buying till then  :wub:

Indiana

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 14:40 »
I have been selling mine for £1 and most of my customers seem to think they are too cheap!

And I'm not sure about what some supermarkets call 'free range' I would like to see how their hens are kept. There must be thousands of them to make it viable to sell free range in a supermarket for £1.
Also where are they coming from? and who has inspected them?

Dominic

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 15:22 »
And I'm not sure about what some supermarkets call 'free range' I would like to see how their hens are kept. There must be thousands of them to make it viable to sell free range in a supermarket for £1.
Also where are they coming from? and who has inspected them?

Free Range is free range.
Also, I've never seen free range for £1 for 6.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/businessclub/8200758/Glenrath-Farms-puts-all-its-1.4m-eggs-into-two-baskets.html#

Interesting piece on a Free Range farm.
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

whiskywill

• Experienced Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 16:59 »
[Free Range is free range.

Not entirely true.

My hens have access to the whole world as the garden gate is always open and they often take  a walk down the lane. Free range rules only require that they have access to the outside and permit up to 12 hens per square metre. Hardly free range.
Any day above ground is a good day.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2011, 17:06 »
the ruling is at least one acre of field for every 400 hens:-

http://www.theranger.co.uk/ranging.asp

xx
Has anyone put up the price of their eggs?

Started by Missie on The Hen House

34 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 22:35
by Lindeggs
xx
? price of duck eggs

Started by violet on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post September 26, 2008, 10:19
by violet
xx
wanted mandarin duck eggs and peacock eggs please - wales

Started by CMFAM on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 16:00
by babe
xx
soft eggs sorted but now she's eating the hard shelled eggs!!!

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post September 19, 2010, 21:23
by orchardlady

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 39 queries.