Greetings from the garden.....newbie here...advice on poop....

• 19 Replies

brick22

Hi Sneezer
To be honest I was thinking the same thing but the breeder has a very good reputation & I know a few people that have used them with no problems, I think I have just been a little unlucky.
Things seem to have really settled down today, both hens have sorted out there differences although I am feeding them seperatly to ensure that our new one is eating. I havent seen any blood in the new ones poop again, we saw the vet yesterday (with sample) and she said it could quite easily of been from the stress of moving, she has anti-biotics for the next few days but I'm really pleased to report that she is looking 100 times better.
She even perched on my legs yesterday evening for a stroke, I was one very happy mummy :D
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown

Catsmuvva

• Experienced Member
Brick, sorry to read about your Bluebell   :(

I am surprised a breeder with a good reputation only let you take on 2 girls. As Kenilworth said, it's always best to get at least 3 - my advice would be to pop back & get another soon so that she will settle in quickly with your other 2. If you use the same breeder hopefully they will have run together anyway - maybe another Bluebell? They're such lovely birds, mine's very chatty & "helpful"...   :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:17 by Catsmuvva »

brick22

Catsmuvva, I think thats a great idea, I mentioned it to our 9 year old yesterday & have not heard the end of it. Going to make sure our Black Rock is 100% then we are going to pick up another, hopefully in the next few days. I would love to be another Bluebell.
Will keep you posted.

Catsmuvva

• Experienced Member
That's one savvy 9 year old!

.....& you think you'll stop at 3?    :lol: :lol:

sneezer

• Experienced Member
Glad things are looking better for you and your girls! :)

xx
poop question advice please

Started by danfinn1 on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2015, 14:05
by danfinn1
xx
Fruit and veg advice (heck - any advice!) for a newbie chook owner!

Started by cathy81walking on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post March 02, 2010, 11:30
by cathy81walking
xx
Newbie - dividing garden/fixed run

Started by emmaellis on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 22, 2010, 23:41
by emmaellis
xx
Advice for a newbie

Started by newbie chick on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 10:08
by andreadon

Page created in 0.628 seconds with 36 queries.