Yellowing runner beans

• 3 Replies

tonel

Yellowing runner beans
« on: May 29, 2011, 20:40 »
Hello,

Am new to the forum, myself and my wife recently started on our first allotment - hard work but very rewarding (long way to go yet though..heh)

I have a question I was hoping to get some help with though - we were given some runner bean plants from my father in law, they were growing in seed trays. We've planted them at the allotment (with a wigwam for support), however since planting them the foliage has turned a very light green/yellow colour, and they don't seem to be growing much. Apologies if it's a bit of a newbie question but any ideas what the problem may be? They've been receiving plenty of water and light (no shade) however it's quite a windy site...

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Yellowing runner beans
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 20:42 »
Welcome to the site  :D

I suspect that you've answered your own question - beans don't like the wind, and has it been a little chilly overnight?

Mine always sulks after being planted out.  You could try a general purpose liquid feed but I think it's probably just a question of time - and perhaps a windbreak of fleece in the short term.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

tonel

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:06 »
Thanks for the advice - thought the wind might be an issue, although we have some broad bean plants growing nearby which seem to be fine. Will give it time and see how they go, might try and create some shelter for them too.

Thanks again :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 12:47 »
Broad beans are very hardy, runner beans are tender little blossoms which sulk readily  :)

clip
Runner Beans yellowing

Started by Lottie Digger on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 10, 2019, 16:55
by Ivor Backache
xx
runner bean leaves yellowing

Started by lucywil on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 21, 2007, 10:53
by WG.
xx
Yellowing beans

Started by willnbirdie on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post June 29, 2008, 16:31
by willnbirdie
xx
Yellowing misshapen beans

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 28, 2011, 16:24
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.481 seconds with 36 queries.