how many courgettes

• 15 Replies

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
how many courgettes
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 22:58 »
Well Mellowmick, just shows you what living up there in the north does for you!  You'll still be eating your nice fresh courgettes, when ours will be just a memory!!! lol

Yes John, the chutney is now all bottled up, and I made it worse by blending some of it to try to get it a bit thicker, and OH said it looks like soup, so if we don't use it on our burgers, it will be added to soups, stews, casseroles, anything.  But it definitely won't get wasted!  Like the stew I made at the beginning of the year.  I had a load of frozen chillies, and some that had been in a jar for ages, so I thought well the ones in the jar haave probably lost some of their 'hot' by now, so I made a carrot and coriander soup, and added the chillies from the jar and a few from the freezer.

Well...........  You couldn't eat the stuff, it was so hot!  So I froze it in small tubs, and if a stew needs a bit of spicing up, it gets a bit of this 'spicy' carrot soup in it!!!!

There's not much wastage in this house, what we don't eat the dog eats and what she doesn't eat goes on the compost heap!!  well, not if its meaty, but then she doesn't waste meat anyway!!!!

xx
courgettes

Started by viettaclark on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post June 21, 2013, 13:06
by J_B
xx
My First Courgettes

Started by GaryH on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 04, 2008, 08:41
by compostqueen
xx
COURGETTES

Started by muckyboots on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 15, 2015, 16:13
by muckyboots
xx
courgettes etc

Started by pwgun on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 14:59
by Trillium

Page created in 0.556 seconds with 36 queries.