A problem chook.

• 5 Replies

NormandyMary

A problem chook.
« on: May 19, 2011, 21:17 »
I went into the henhouse this afternoon, to check on their food and water situation as my newbies have been a bit shy and reluctant to venture outside. On seeing me in their house, they flew outside, up to the fencing, and one of the speckaldy ones just flew over it. We tried to tempt her back, but she was having none of it, and proceeded to fly down to the bottom of the garden into some overgrown bushes and trees.
OH tried to find her but to no avail. Anyway, this evening, I saw her but was unable to get her as she was behind a holly bush. Once the others were locked up in the henhouse, I opened up the run, hoping that she would try and come home. She did, I followed her in, shut the gate, I thought tightly, and went to open up the door of her house. As soon as she saw me, she hotfooted it back down the garden. We have played this game twice more, and now its pitch black. Im sure that she will be ok as its a warm night and she seems to be quite canny..stupid but canny. Ill just have to try a coax her back to her mates in the morning...JOY!! I thought I might call her McQueen (perhaps Queenie) after Steve McQueen in The Great Escape!

Casey76

Re: A problem chook.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:47 »
If you can get hold of her, try clipping one wing ;)  That might unbalance her enough to stop her getting over the fence.

NormandyMary

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:55 »
I think that will have to be done to all of them, though to be honest, Ive never had this problem in the past.
I left "Queenie" out last night, when I went down to the henhouse this morning, I noticed her poking her head out from the bushes and...Jethro the cockerel was strutting his stuff in the garden. He had broken out of the henhouse hatch and wandered out of the run. I hadnt locked it so that Queenie could get in and wasnt worried as the others were locked up! Well, to cut a long story short, Jethro got Queenie into the run for me, I was then able to sneak up on them and close it up. I really need to get into their house to give it a good dung out but they are just so timid, I dont want to frighten them.

bramford

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 16:59 »
dont leave a motorbike near the run  :lol:

Honeysuckle

• Experienced Member
  • Kira & Bruin
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 18:42 »
dont leave a motorbike near the run  :lol:

:lol: :lol:
2 German Shepherds, Kira & Bruin, 4 hybrid chicks Chryssie, Violet, Sweet Pea and Astra.

3Bluebelles

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 21:24 »
Or a rubber ball, because she'll keep you wake all night throwing it against the wall!!!!

xx
chook with eye problem?

Started by djt on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 02, 2007, 19:44
by djt
xx
chook problem..(hi everyone)..too late... :(

Started by chooknewbie on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 13, 2010, 22:19
by treacleminer
xx
Help new chook owner -is my chook ill or broody?

Started by all chook up on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 13, 2007, 12:53
by slowef
xx
Chook with bad leg??????

Started by rgp5454 on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post February 02, 2007, 19:38
by muntjac

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 37 queries.