The girls meet the dog

• 9 Replies

bramford

The girls meet the dog
« on: May 12, 2011, 14:54 »
We let the girls have the run of the garden as much as we can ,so the dog is always watching from a decking area where he can't get to them, he take no notice when they are in their run, so last night we let him say hello.
He had no idea what to do, he did'nt know if he should play with them, kill them, or hump them  :wacko:
We stayed by his side just in case but after 20 minutes he completly lost interest, probably because by this time he had got a few pecks on the nose  :lol:
does anyone else let their other pets mix with their girls       

Chickway

Re: The girls meet the dog
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 15:05 »
I dont work so my chickens are out roaming our quite large garden most of the day.  I also have 3 cocker spaniels who are allowed to roam with the chickens.  They are fine with the chickens and like you say they soon loose interest. x

Beano

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 15:09 »
Our cat wants to be friends with the chickens but they usually scare him off with a loud squak.
El.

Manoir51

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 16:23 »
Our black Labrador Hector is very protective of the chickens, he sits and guards them. The hens are so used to him now that they take food from him if he is eating in the garden, apples, biscuits, anything at all.

izzy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 16:33 »
our collie izzy has been good with the chickens from day one .Really sweet to watch

evie2

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 16:35 »
Our cats don't bother about the chickens although yesterday when we were taking the eggs out the poots coop our ginger tom came to help and got locked in :blink: it was only when he came out into the run we realised what had happened ::) must be genetic, his sister likes to sit in the big hens coop and watch the world go by :wacko:
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

terri

• 1st egg
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 17:03 »
one of my cats walks round the garden with mine shes the same colour as my bluebell maybe she thinks they are related
4 children, 1 hubby, 2 g,pigs, 1 gecko 3 hens, 2 fish,2 cats

bramford

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 19:05 »
one of my cats walks round the garden with mine shes the same colour as my bluebell maybe she thinks they are related
  :lol:

Kym503

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 22:43 »
My cocker spaniel is quite at home with the hens.  They have even been known to take food out of her bowl when she is eating.  The hens also steal food from the cats and I even saw one take a half dead mouse off the cat once.  Cat is also to be found in the hen run most of the day and has been known to get shut in the hen hiuse at night accidently!

gailtearle

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 15:51 »
my dog chased one of the chickens and the other three ganged up on him and chased him round the garden needless to say he wont go near them now lol

xx
Meet Monty :)

Started by Vember on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post May 14, 2008, 14:22
by babe
xx
Meet Mabel and Gertrude!

Started by beki on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 28, 2008, 21:26
by Jellyhead
xx
Meet our turkey chicks.

Started by kimT on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post July 10, 2008, 21:39
by Jellyhead
xx
TIFFS QUIFF and meet JODIE

Started by Jellyhead on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post June 02, 2008, 16:20
by Lost in France

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 28 queries.