Next step after glyphosate

• 3 Replies

Springlands

Next step after glyphosate
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:22 »
I am opening up a new area in my garden to grow veggies in - it was glyphosated about three weeks ago and the weeds have all gone nicely crispy and brown. I am not sure what the next step is as I have never gone down this route before- should I remove the dead weeds or are they just dug into the soil. Thanks for any help and advice.

potatogrower

• Experienced Member
Re: Next step after glyphosate
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:59 »
i guess you could quickly turn over the soil with a fork and if you spot any roots just pull them out and rake it all flat afterwards.

ferreter51

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 10:29 »
I am opening up a new area in my garden to grow veggies in - it was glyphosated about three weeks ago and the weeds have all gone nicely crispy and brown. I am not sure what the next step is as I have never gone down this route before- should I remove the dead weeds or are they just dug into the soil. Thanks for any help and advice.

You can use a fork, but when I started I used a mattock to roughly did over the area, then used a fork to break the soil down further.  Do watch out for weed roots as the deeper ones can survive if the glyphosate did not get to them.

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 10:32 »
I rotavated mine. Runs the risk of chopping up any roots that are still alive, but in my case the area had been rough grass before, not pernicious weeds.

Depends how big the digging job is, and how hard the ground is, and how fit you are! as to whether you need mechanical assistance to help you get a flying start

xx
next step

Started by andyk on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post September 03, 2007, 23:12
by nettings
xx
Next step?

Started by Russell Atterbury on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post January 18, 2023, 16:32
by Russell Atterbury
xx
step over apple tree

Started by plopleuk on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 11, 2012, 21:32
by aqua
xx
Step over apple tree spacing

Started by Sparkyweb on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 23, 2024, 19:22
by Potty Plotty Lotty

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 36 queries.