onions and garlic

• 6 Replies

arkle46

onions and garlic
« on: May 03, 2011, 16:37 »
My garlic was planted last october and was looking good until a couple of weeks ago - now the leaves are going yellow on the tips, and they just don't look very healthy!
Also, my recently planted Kelsae onions are going yellow at the tips!!  Help!  - anyone got any ideas how I can save them please?!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 16:56 by mumofstig »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: onions and garlic
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 16:58 »
Hi and welcome to the forum, I'll move your post over to the Grow Your Own part so you should get more replies.

I've edited your post to black text as we have members who find it difficult to read coloured text.

JohnB47

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 19:28 »
My garlic was planted last october and was looking good until a couple of weeks ago - now the leaves are going yellow on the tips, and they just don't look very healthy!
Also, my recently planted Kelsae onions are going yellow at the tips!!  Help!  - anyone got any ideas how I can save them please?!

Most likely it's because of the dry weather. I'm watering mine every few days now.

Perhaps you could edit your profile to show where you are - it's helps when considering a reply. (e.g. dry weather might not be the problem if you live somewhere in Scotland, which I imagine is not as dry as down here in Devon at the moment).

240173paul

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 20:10 »
Hi and welcome - mine have done the same so I will water but only weekly.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 21:15 »
If watering doesn't help, it might also be a nutrient deficiency so add some chicken pellets or other high nitrogen fertiliser.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

SkipRat

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 21:15 »
Most probably the warm weather, mine started doing the same, also its being rather windy here in Hull for the last few days and coupled with the warm weather it evaporates a fair old heap of water out of the ground. If you havent been watering regularly try giving them a drop every few days. Also mine are in raised beds which also tend to dry out easily. they are slowly improving.
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

mclarkuk1

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 21:21 »
My garlic did the same last year and it was caused by a nitrogen deficiency.

xx
Garlic and Onions

Started by Rangerkris on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post November 03, 2009, 21:09
by Paul Plots
xx
Garlic and onions

Started by Charlie79 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 10:39
by Charlie79
xx
Onions & Garlic

Started by GaryH on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 08, 2009, 12:01
by Brassica Blaz
xx
Garlic and Onions

Started by rob on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 30, 2008, 18:31
by Bigbadfrankie

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 38 queries.